Playboy to stop making DVDs to beat credit crunchOctober 18th, 2008 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 18 (ANI): Playboy has decided to stop its DVD production in order to protect itself from the effects of the stumbling economy.
The multi-million dollar worth glamour empire is to put a stop on its DVD making business for saving around 12million dollars every year.
Playboy Enterprises Inc have now revealed that instead of DVDs, they will now be focussing more on distributing their content online.
If comes into effect, the move will cost the company 80 jobs and 2 million dollars in restructuring charges, reports The Telegraph.
However, Playboy is expecting that some of the benefits from the cuts can be seen by the fourth quarter of 2008, and the full effects could be seen next year.
It was only last month that Playboy mogul Hugh Hefner was advised to cut back on staff to save itself from bankruptcy.
The company has recently seen shares fall from 6.20 pounds to 1.55 pounds. (ANI)
- Playboy founder Hugh Hefner reaches deal to buy back his porn empire - Jan 11, 2011
- No prenup for Hugh Hefner and Crystal Harris? - Apr 03, 2011
- Hugh Hefner stripping back Playboy bunnies following credit crunch - Sep 25, 2008
- Hugh Hefner to have a prenup with Crystal Harris - Apr 08, 2011
- Hugh Hefner offers to take Playboy private - Jul 13, 2010
- Hefner moves on, dating Anna Sophia - Jun 20, 2011
- Harris puts engagement ring on auction - Oct 01, 2011
- Hugh Hefner dead: Internet hoax - Jul 12, 2011
- Penthouse owner offers to buy Playboy - Jul 16, 2010
- No wild bachelor party for Hefner - Jan 02, 2011
- Hugh Hefner announces new girlfriend - Jun 29, 2011
- Hindus upset over Playboy's usage of yoga as erotica - Oct 21, 2010
- Anna is my best girl, says Hugh Hefner - Jun 24, 2011
- James Franco to play Hugh Hefner? - Dec 21, 2011
- Nortel patent sales okayed by US, Canadian courts - Jul 12, 2011