Petraeus can’t save US from defeat in Afghanistan: Jamat-e-IslamiApril 30th, 2011 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
Lahore, April 30(ANI): General David H. Petraeus, who has taken over from Leon Panetta as Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director, cannot save the United States from defeat in Afghanistan, Jamat-e-Islami chief Syed Munawar Hassan has said.
Addressing a gathering at Mansoora, Munawar Hassan said all hopes attached with General Petraeus would soon be deflated.
“The US has mentally accepted its defeat by showing its final card,” Geo News quoted Hassan, as saying.
“After moral degradation of the West, now it is the turn of its war technology to face mortification,” he added.The JI chief said that the US and its western allies had invited their own destruction by invading Iraq and Afghanistan. (ANI)
- Fazl vows not to let Shahbaz Bhatti's killing to be 'used against Islam' - Mar 06, 2011
- Pak Interior Minister is an India, US agent: Jamaat chief - Mar 28, 2011
- Petraeus being considered for CIA top job: Report - Apr 05, 2011
- US Senate confirms Panetta as defense secretary - Jun 22, 2011
- Panetta set to be US Defense Secretary, Petraeus to be CIA chief - Apr 27, 2011
- Petraeus to commence third US 'war' in Pakistan as CIA chief: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Obama likely to announce changes in national security team this week - Apr 27, 2011
- US Senate confirms Petraeus to lead CIA - Jul 01, 2011
- Obama nominates spy chief Panetta for US secretary of defence - Apr 29, 2011
- Zardari has sold Pakistan's independence, sovereignty to US: Jamaat-e-Islami - Mar 24, 2011
- Al Qaeda chief Ayman al-Zawahri hiding in Pakistan: Panetta - Jul 09, 2011
- Davis's release challenged in Pakistan court - Mar 17, 2011
- PML-N would continue its struggle for Musharraf's trial inside, outside parliament: Khan - Aug 21, 2009
- JI to launch nation wide protest against India's involvement in Baloch insurgency - Dec 03, 2009
- Pakistan may shoot down US drones if allowed: Air force chief - May 14, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, central intelligence agency, cia, cia director, general petraeus, geo news, hassan, invading iraq, jamat e islami, lahore, leon panetta, moral degradation, mortification, munawar, war technology, western allies