Peshawar tense after suicide bomb attackJune 12th, 2009 - 5:43 am ICT by IANS
Peshawar, June 12 (IANS) The northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar was tense Thursday following a suicide bomb attack in which three people were killed and 13 policemen injured.
The blast occurred near two police vans on the Ring Road in Peshawar City.
Following the explosion, incidents of gunfire have been reported on the G.T. road of the city. The authorities have beefed up security in Peshawar, Geo TV said.
Heavy contingents of police cordoned off the areas where firing incidents were reported, officials said.
Authorities said two motorcycle-borne riders first hurled a hand grenade at the police stationed on the Ring Road and then a suicide bomber blew himself up at the site, killing three people and injuring 13 policemen.
The injured were rushed to hospitals.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani has ordered an inquiry into the attack.
- Peshawar tense after suicide attack, two gunmen killed (Lead) - Jun 12, 2009
- Policemen injured in Pakistan grenade attack - Jun 20, 2010
- Senior cop dies in Peshawar suicide blast (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Eight security men hurt in Pakistan grenade attack (Lead) - Jun 20, 2010
- One injured in Peshawar blast - Feb 24, 2012
- Two killed in attack on Pakistan police station - Feb 24, 2012
- Five die in Peshawar blast (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Intelligence official shot dead in Pakistan - Mar 02, 2012
- Three cops, 3 rebels killed in Peshawar suicide attack (Second Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- 13 killed in Iraq violence - Mar 13, 2012
- Three killed in suicide attack at Pakistan police station (Lead) - Feb 24, 2012
- Suicide bomber attacks Pakistan police station - Jan 14, 2012
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- Nine dead in Pakistan suicide bombing (Lead) - Jan 14, 2012
- 22 killed in Afghan suicide bombing - Jun 06, 2012