Peshawar bleeds with 10 more injured in car bomb blastOctober 23rd, 2009 - 3:07 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Oct.23 (ANI) At least 10 persons were injured in a powerful bomb blast that rocked Peshawar’s Hayatabad area at noon on Friday.
According to sources, the blast occurred in a car parked outside a restaurant in Hyatabad’s Phase Two area.
All the injured people have been admitted to the Hayatabad Medical College, where authorities have declared an emergency, The News reports.
Hospital officials said none of the wounded persons were serious.
Unconfirmed reports said that gunshots were also heard soon after the blast. Security personnel have cordoned-off the blast site and launched a massive search and combing operation.
Television footage showed wrecked remains of the car, which was used in the blast. Windowpanes of several adjacent buildings were also shattered in the blast.
This was the second terror attack on Friday.
Earlier, at least seven persons including two security officials were killed and eight others sustained grievous injuries in a suicide blast near the Kamra Aeronautical Complex in Punjab’s Attock District.
Sources said a suicide bomber rammed his explosive laden vehicle into a security checkpost outside the aeronautical complex killing five persons on the spot.
Two more persons died on their way to the hospital, The News reports.
District Police Officer (DPO) Fakhar Sultan confirmed the death of two security men along with four civilians in the suicide attack.
The suicide attack came hours after an intelligence report revealed that the Tehreek-e-Taliban (TTP) and Al Qaeda are planning to target army convoys in Rawalpindi, Kharian, Multan and Okara cantonments.
The report said the TTP chief Hakeemullah Mesud and Al Qaeda commander Sheikh Sultan met each other recently at an undisclosed location, and it was during this meeting the banned outfit decided to carry out attacks on military convoys across the country.
At least 15 terrorists have already been sent to Punjab to carry out the terror activities, and another 10 militants have been dispatched to the North West Frontier Province (NWFP) to create havoc in the region.
Pakistan Interior Ministry has already sent directives to the concerned provincial authorities with regard to the terror threat. (ANI)
- 7 killed, 5 injured in suicide attack outside Pak Air Force base - Oct 23, 2009
- Five killed, 25 wounded in suicide blast at police station in northwest Pakistan - Mar 24, 2011
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Damascus bombings toll rises to 55 (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Blast outside Peshawar judicial complex kills 15, injures 22 - Nov 19, 2009
- JUI-F chief Fazl-ur Rehman escapes second suicide bomb attack in two days - Mar 31, 2011
- Four killed, several wounded in Peshawar blast - Dec 24, 2009
- Seven killed in Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 30, 2011
- Two Americans killed in Peshawar suicide bombing (Third Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Six killed in Pakistan suicide blast (Second Lead) - May 14, 2011
- Seven killed in bus bombing in Pakistan (Third Lead) - May 14, 2011
- Six policemen wounded in militant attack on police van in Hangu - Mar 23, 2011
- Security personnel among three killed in Peshawar suicide blast - Dec 22, 2009
- Twin blasts rock Pakistan's tribal area - Jan 29, 2011
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
Tags: attock district, car bomb blast, district police, district sources, hayatabad, hospital officials, intelligence report, massive search, military convoys, multan, okara, security men, seven persons, sheikh sultan, suicide attack, suicide bomber, television footage, terror activities, terror attack, windowpanes