Peaceful Afghanistan critical for Pakistan: GilaniFebruary 1st, 2012 - 12:53 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 1 (IANS) Peace in Afghanistan was critical for peace and security in Pakistan, Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani has said.
Pakistan had always supported Afghan President Hamid Karzai’s peace efforts and would continue to favour an Afghan-led and Afghan-owned process of reconciliation, Associated Press of Pakistan quoted Gilani as saying.
In a meeting with a delegation of Afghan senators led by Fazal-e-Hadi Muslimyar here, the prime minister said exchange visits of parliamentarians were essential to enhance bilateral relations and Pakistan had always made consistent and sincere efforts to improve relations with Afghanistan.
He said Pakistan had extended full cooperation to the Afghan team that visited Islamabad with regard to the investigation of assassination of Burhanuddin Rabbani.
A suicide bombing killed Afghan peace negotiator and former president Burhanuddin Rabbani Sep 20 last year.
- Khar to visit Afghanistan Wednesday - Jan 31, 2012
- Afghan peace delegation to arrive in Pakistan on Jan 5 - Jan 03, 2011
- Pakistan offers Afghanistan intelligence in Rabbani's killing - Oct 11, 2011
- It was cordial meeting with Karzai: Pakistan - Nov 13, 2011
- Pakistan, Afghanistan to set up joint commission to promote reconciliation process - Apr 17, 2011
- Pakistan supports Afghan-led reconciliation - Jun 28, 2011
- Krishna heading to Istanbul for Afghan conference - Oct 31, 2011
- Pakistani PM hints at early elections - Feb 20, 2012
- Cameron offers help to Pakistan flood victims - Sep 17, 2011
- Pakistani, Afghan, US envoys to meet for peace talks - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan, US need to trust each other: Gilani - Aug 27, 2011
- 'Afghan solution minus Pakistan won't be productive' - Sep 29, 2011
- India reminds Afghanistan of Taliban reconciliation 'red lines' - Jul 15, 2011
- Gilani calls for Af-Pak cooperation in war on terror (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2011
- Gilani, Karzai discuss regional security - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: bilateral relations, burhanuddin rabbani, delegation, exchange visits, favour, former president, full cooperation, gilani, hadi, hamid karzai, islamabad, pakistan, parliamentarians, peace efforts, peace negotiator, prime minister, process of reconciliation, raza, senators, yousuf