Peace process with India will resume in six months: KasuriMay 25th, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, May 25 (ANI): Former Pakistan Foreign Minister Khursheed Mehmood Kasuri has said he is “50 to 60 percent sure” that the peace process between India and Pakistan will resume in six months.
In an interview with Najam Sethi on Dunya News, Kasuri said he had played a vital role in improving ties between Pakistan and India.
“[Former secretary] Riaz Khan and I were involved through back channel in dialogue between the two countries,” the Daily Times quoted Kasuri, as saying.
Both countries had agreed on how to define Kashmir units on both sides, the demilitarisation of borders, and formation of a mechanism that included Pakistan, India and Kashmiris, Kasuri added.
“All Kashmiri leadership was with us on this issue, except Syed Ali Gilani,” he said.
Kasuri said the dialogue stopped in 2006 because of elections in five states of India, and because of the judiciary issue in Pakistan. (ANI)
- India-Pak 'interim' agreement on Kashmir was for 15 yrs: Kasuri - Apr 28, 2010
- Pakistani militants want to incite Indo-Pak war: Kasuri - Jul 13, 2010
- India, Pakistan were 'near Kashmir dispute resolution' during Musharraf regime: Kasuri - Jan 21, 2011
- Kasuri says judicial crisis in Pak blocked resolution of Kashmir issue - Apr 23, 2010
- Pak back to singing K-issue settlement through UN resolution tune - May 04, 2010
- Indo-Pak water crisis could trigger war between both countries: Kasuri - Mar 03, 2010
- PoK PM bats for India, says Pak not ready to seek Kashmir resolution - Jul 06, 2010
- 'ISI, Pak Army controlled back channel talks with India during PML-Q regime' - Nov 25, 2009
- India-Pakistan talks signal hope, says daily - Jul 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to resume defence talks after four years - May 25, 2011
- Musharraf govt had improved ties with India: Kasuri - Jul 31, 2010
- Chinese premier given extraordinary welcome in Pakistan - Dec 17, 2010
- Kasuri blames PPP Govt for failing to keep good relations with India - Jan 08, 2010
- Kasuri's 'Kashmir issue near resolution claim' nothing but 'delusion': Observers - May 11, 2010
- India, Pakistan continue to disagree on Siachen; to meet again (Lead) - May 31, 2011
Tags: borders, dialogue, elections, foreign minister, india and pakistan, judiciary, kashmir, kashmiris, lahore, leadership, mehmood, pakistan india, peace process, riaz khan, sethi, six months, states of india, syed ali, ties