Peace in south Asia hinges on Kashmir issue: PakistanMay 18th, 2010 - 12:42 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 17 (IANS) Establishment of peace and development in south Asia is hinged on the resolution of Kashmir issue, Pakistani Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said Monday.
“The Kashmir dispute would continue to remain relevant to the world due to its strategic importance, for it is on the resolution of this intractable dispute that the peace and development of the entire South Asian region hinges,” Gilani said during his meeting with Pakistan-administered Kashmir’s Prime Minister Raja Muhammad Farooq Haider.
Gilani said the resolution of Kashmir issue as per the wishes of the Kashmiri people could help establish peace and economic prosperity in the region, according to Online news agency.
He said Pakistan will continue extending its political, moral and diplomatic support to the people of Kashmir, and added that the whole nation is united on this issue.
The prime minister was briefed on the progress of ongoing development activities in Pakistan-administered Kashmir.
Haider appreciated Gilani for his endeavours in raising the issue of Kashmir at every forum and thanked the government and people of Pakistan for their support towards their Kashmiri brethren.
- Pakistan will continue to raise Kashmir issue: Gilani - Oct 14, 2011
- Pakistan to continue supporting Kashmir cause: Gilani - Nov 24, 2011
- Indian, Pakistani people want peaceful Kashmir solution: Gilani - Apr 21, 2011
- No effort to be spared for Kashmir cause: Gilani - Oct 18, 2011
- Pakistan PM reiterates support to Kashmir separatism - Feb 04, 2010
- Pakistan to continue support to Kashmir cause: Ashraf (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Pak to continue moral, diplomatic support to Kashmiris - Oct 10, 2010
- Kashmir is Pakistan's jugular vein: Gilani - Jun 24, 2011
- Pak committed to peaceful settlement of Kashmir issue: Gilani - May 25, 2010
- Pakistan observes Kashmir Solidarity Day today - Feb 05, 2011
- Pakistan's future linked to Kashmir settlement: Gilani - Jun 23, 2011
- Kashmir Solidarity Day observed in Pakistan - Feb 05, 2010
- Strained Indo-Pak relations affecting anti-terror efforts in S.Asia: Gilani - Dec 20, 2009
- Improve ties with India, Gilani to Salman Bashir - Mar 07, 2012
- Pakistani Kashmir PM moots joint development fund for both sides - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: brethren, diplomatic support, economic prosperity, endeavours, farooq, gilani, haider, kashmir, kashmir dispute, kashmiri people, muhammad, news agency, ongoing development, pakistan islamabad, pakistani prime minister, raja, raza, South Asia, south asian region, yousuf