Pathetic state of religious school in Malaysia upsets parentsJune 18th, 2009 - 6:00 pm ICT by ANI
Kuala Lumpur, June 18 (ANI): The plight of students of a religious school complex in Malaysia’s Jinjang Utara can be highlighted from the fact that they are forced to study in a cabin-like environment, the Sinar Harian reported.
According to the report, although the Economic Planning Unit approved construction of the Hidayatul Mustaqimah primary school complex in January, it is still in a state of neglect.
Parents expressed regret over the school’s condition, with some likening it to a stable.
One parent, Mohammad Osman Shafie, 46, said his children were forced to learn in cramped and stuffy conditions.
“I don’t blame the religious school administration, but the Federal Territory Islamic Religious Department (Jawi) should expedite the construction of the complex,” The Star quoted him, as saying.
The school, which has 583 pupils, has morning and evening sessions.
The school’s construction was at the request of Kepong residents in 1983. It started off as a wooden building before being moved to a surau between 1983 and 1989, and later to the current building, in 1990.
Another parent, Hashimah Daud, 52, said construction should be speeded up to meet the students’ requirement.
“Every cabin-like classroom can only accommodate 20 pupils. It is also pathetic to see pupils eating under a tent because there is no canteen in the school,” she said. (ANI)
- 11-year-old American schoolboy charged with anti-Muslim hate crime - Apr 01, 2011
- Students hack school website to skip class - Feb 18, 2012
- UK school's ex-pupils call Beckhams 'working class' - Apr 06, 2011
- Abu Dhabi Indian schools to have 20,000 seats by 2013 - Apr 22, 2011
- Keira Knightley's 'lesbian play' to reveal scandal that rocked Scotland - Jan 31, 2011
- Teacher shocks pupils with wild posts on Facebook - Feb 09, 2012
- Muslim pupil not allowed to pray at German school - May 27, 2010
- 20 pc head teachers in UK being bullied on Facebook: Poll - May 01, 2011
- British primary school students wore sari on Diwali - Nov 11, 2010
- Pakistani-origin man charged with murdering Thai lover - May 31, 2012
- Parents responsible for kid's bad behaviour: Survey - Apr 24, 2011
- Patil inaugurates Indian Islamic Centre, says it reflects strength of Indian Diaspora - Nov 23, 2010
- Teacher in topless photo scandal is back! - Oct 09, 2011
- British kids carry knives to school - Sep 12, 2011
- Church asks British schools to oppose gay marriages - Apr 27, 2012
Tags: canteen, daud, economic planning unit, evening sessions, federal territory, jinjang utara, kuala lumpur, mohammad, morning and evening, neglect, osman, pathetic state, plight, pupils, religious department, religious school, school administration, shafie, sinar, surau