Past shouldn’t hold India-Pakistan ties hostage: KharJuly 27th, 2011 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 27 (IANS) Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar Wednesday said she had come to India with a positive outlook and the relationship between the two countries should not be held hostage to the past.
Ahead of talks with India’s Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna, Khar said she was looking forward to an interaction which is respectful of the realities between the two nations.
“We come here with a positive outlook. We feel the relationship between the two countries should not be held hostage by the past,” Khar said.
She said Pakistan seeks good, cooperative and friendly relations with India, which is an important neighbour.
“We also understand the responsibility that both countries have on their shoulders within the region,” she said, adding it was their responsibility not only to work for peace and prosperity but also the welfare of the people of the two countries.
Welcoming Khar on her first visit to India, Krishna said he was looking forward to working very closely with the new foreign minister of Pakistan.
“India looks for a cooperative relationship with Pakistan. It is in the interest of peace not only between the two countries but the entire region and beyond. Perhaps we owe this to the succeeding generations, Indians and Pakistanis,” he said.
The minister said India will “love to see a stable, peaceful and prosperous Pakistan”.
The minister said the people of South Asia should march forward on the path of development in a terror-free and harmonious atmosphere.
- India-Pakistan talk, hope for peaceful ties (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- Moving beyond past, India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Fourth Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Visa pact signed with Pakistan; India insists on 26/11 justice (Intro Roundup) - Sep 09, 2012
- India desires stable Pakistan: Krishna - Sep 07, 2012
- Positive talks integral to normalising ties: Hina - Jul 29, 2011
- Let's move beyond negative mindset: Khar - Sep 08, 2012
- Moving beyond past, India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Third Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- Stable Pakistan in everyone's interest: Krishna (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Aspirations of Kashmiris must be accommodated: Khar (Lead) - Sep 08, 2012
- India ready to host Pakistan's foreign minister in July - Jun 24, 2011
- Pakistan visit fruitful: Krishna (Third Lead) - Sep 09, 2012
- India voices concern to Pakistan on Hurriyat meeting - Jul 27, 2011
- Krishna greets Khar, hopes for friendly ties - Jul 20, 2011
- Moving beyond past, India, Pakistan ink visa pact (Roundup) - Sep 08, 2012
- New era of cooperation with India: Khar - Jul 27, 2011
Tags: cooperative relationship, foreign minister, generations, harmonious atmosphere, hina rabbani khar, hostage, india pakistan, indians, krishna, neighbour, New Delhi, pakistan india, pakistanis, positive outlook, prosperity, rabbani, realities, relations with india, shoulders, South Asia