Pammie declares war on Cate Blanchett over fur useOctober 2nd, 2008 - 3:41 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Oct 1 (ANI): Pamela Anderson, an animal activist, has sent an angry letter to actress Cate Blanchett, asking her to urge designer pal Giorgio Armani to stop using fur in his collections.
In the letter, the PETA supporter has written that while Blanchett was at Armani’’s shows and the launch of his new boutique in Milan, she was nearby in Lake Garda hosting a PETA benefit.
The benefit, Pamela claimed has raised 50,000 dollars for an upcoming campaign, which urges people to shun Armani unless he keeps his promise of not using fur in his clothes.
“Cate, as you are such a huge part of Armani’’s publicity machine, would you please urge him to keep his promise and leave fur out of his future collections?” News.com.au quoted Anderson, as saying.
PETA, the animal rights activist, has claimed that Armani’’s winter collection, which has now hit the stores, includes fox and rabbit fur in some pieces.
According to the PETA, the fur-filled collection has been launched, a year after Armani told Time magazine that he “spoke with the people from PETA, and they showed me some materials that convinced me not to use fur.”
In an official response, the designer has said that the company is planning to stop using fur other than rabbit fur in his future collections.
“As a luxury fashion house, which has always been attentive to this issue, we feel we are being unfairly targeted in comparison to our competitors,” said the company. (ANI)
- Pamela Anderson urges Danish queen to avoid fur - Jul 29, 2011
- Karl Lagerfeld's cat launches her own Twitter account - Jun 07, 2012
- Pamela Anderson promotes ban on seal fur - Apr 22, 2012
- PETA to protest outside AIIMS for release of animals - Mar 04, 2011
- Will Pamela Anderson's sex appeal help pass anti-fur law in Israel? - Nov 08, 2010
- PETA wants Oscar nominees to boycott fur-using Armani - Feb 04, 2009
- Pamela Anderson Faces The Heat From Hong Kong Airport - Dec 29, 2010
- 'Disappointed' Pammie calls Janet Jackson 'greedy' over fur campaign - Jul 28, 2010
- Retire old monkeys, urges Anderson; animals fine, says AIIMS (Lead) - Feb 19, 2011
- Retire aging monkeys, Pamela Anderson urges AIIMS - Feb 19, 2011
- Give fur the cold shoulder, says Penelope Cruz - Feb 02, 2012
- Pamela adopts 'desi' homeless puppy (With image) - May 04, 2012
- Janet Jackson Poses For Blackglama & Fuels Fur Controversy - Jul 31, 2010
- Pamela Anderson named PETA's person of the year - Jan 01, 2011
- Pamela urges Indians to avoid leather products - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: actress, angry letter, animal activist, animal rights activist, cate blanchett, clothes, collections, fashion house, giorgio armani, lake garda, launch, luxury fashion, melbourne, milan, pamela anderson, publicity machine, rabbit, rabbit fur, time magazine, winter collection