Pakistan’s top army officers discuss security situationJuly 13th, 2011 - 12:30 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 13 (IANS) Pakistan’s top army officers met at Pakistan’s garrison city of Rawalpindi to discuss the security situation in the country.
The 140th Corps Commanders’ Conference was held at the army General Headquarters Tuesday.
Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani chaired the meeting, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
The army officers were briefed about the security situation in the country in general and ongoing operations in Kurram and Mohmand agencies in particular.
Matters of operational preparedness were also discussed at the meeting.
General Kayani, while referring to the army operations against terror in Mohmand Agency, said that all efforts must be made for coordination with civil administration for safe return internally displaced people.
The officers at the meeting resolved to fight the menace of terrorism in national interest.
- Pakistan's role in war on terror should not be doubted: Kayani - May 05, 2011
- No joint anti-terror operation with US: Pakistan - Aug 18, 2012
- CENTCOM chief discusses US-Pak military cooperation with Wynne - Apr 08, 2011
- Pakistan, ISAF discuss border coordination - May 13, 2012
- No military takeover in Pakistan, says General Kayani (Lead) - Dec 23, 2011
- Kayani 'happy' with Army tribal region operations despite 'damning' US report - Apr 09, 2011
- Top Pakistan Army officers meet - Aug 11, 2012
- Pak Army vows to 'retaliate' against US 'hot pursuit' within border in future - Oct 08, 2010
- Pakistan army chief, PM discuss national security - Dec 10, 2011
- ISAF commander meets Pakistan Army chief - Jul 15, 2011
- Crushing retaliation awaits the next aggressor: Kayani - Dec 02, 2011
- Kayani satisfied with army's preparedness - Oct 21, 2011
- Pakistan vows stiff retaliation if attacked again (Lead) - Dec 02, 2011
- Kayani slams `insufficient formal response' to Osama raid - May 10, 2011
- Pak Army too says only court can decide murder-accused US diplomat's case - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: army chief, army general, army officers, army operations, ashfaq, chief general, civil administration, commanders conference, corps commanders, garrison city, general headquarters, kayani, kurram, national interest, ongoing operations, parvez, preparedness, rawalpindi, safe return, security situation