Pakistan’s chemical products export goes upNovember 14th, 2011 - 4:04 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 14 (IANS) The export of chemicals and pharmaceutical products of Pakistan surged by 43 percent during first quarter of current fiscal year (July 2011 to June 2012) as compared to the same period last year, showed data released by Federal Board of Statistics (FBS).
The country exported commodities worth $257 million during July-September 2011 against the export of $179 million in July-September 2010, reported Xinhua.
According to data, the export of pharmaceutical products stood at $29.10 million against the export of $33.90 million during period under view.
The export of other chemicals witnessed an increase of 39.76 percent, growing from $82.40 million to $115.17 million.
On year on year basis, the export of chemical and pharmaceutical products registered an increase of 74.98 percent during the third month of current fiscal year over the same period of last year.
The export of plastic materials stood at $34.68 million, showing the growth of 73.93 percent in the month of September of current fiscal year against the export of $19.94 million in the same period of last year.
- Pakistani petroleum, coal exports up 38 percent - Oct 27, 2011
- Pakistan's food export rises by 33.5 percent - Sep 29, 2011
- Bangladesh's trade deficit widens to $7 bn - May 21, 2012
- GDP growth may slow to 7.3 percent in 2011-12: Pranab - Nov 30, 2011
- Input costs, lack of reforms hit India Inc. business confidence - Aug 12, 2012
- South Korea's economic growth revised up in Q3 - Dec 06, 2011
- Indian economy hit by high inflation, slowing growth (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 28, 2011
- TVS Motor's Q2 net profit up 40 percent - Nov 03, 2011
- India's exports rose 33.2 percent in Apr-Nov - Dec 09, 2011
- Pakistan exports up 13 percent - Nov 11, 2011
- Mergers and acquisitions drop 41.5 percent in 9 months - Oct 07, 2011
- Indian silk exports likely to fall short of target - Jan 06, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki quarterly net profit declines 59.81 percent - Oct 29, 2011
- Indian exports decline for 13th straight month - Nov 27, 2009
- Bangladesh's current account surplus rises - Jul 09, 2012