Pakistanis affected by drone attacks to file case against USDecember 13th, 2010 - 3:17 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 13 (IANS) A section of Pakistanis who were affected by the drone attacks in the tribal areas have decided to register a police case against the US, a media report said Monday.A group of drone-affected people, who have been staging a protest at a roundabout here for the past two days, Sunday said they would lodge a complaint with the police, Dawn reported.
A senior police officer said they have received information that Tareen Khan, a resident of Waziristan whose son was killed in a drone attack, would come to the police for registration of a case against the US government.
Tareen Khan’s counsel, Mirza Shehzad Akbar, told the daily that they would go to the police station to register the case.
He said the complainant in the case would be Tareen Khan, whose son and brother were killed in drone attacks. Other drone attack-affected people would accompany Khan.
“We will lodge the complaint against the US government and CIA station chief who is residing in the American embassy and operating a spy network besides controlling the drone attacks,” Akbar was quoted as saying.
The US carried out a string of drone attacks in the mountainous tribal region to tackle terrorists who are holed up there. The drone attacks have caused an uproar in Pakistan.
- Drone victim in Pakistan demands compensation from US - Nov 29, 2010
- 'ISI blew CIA station chief's cover in retaliation to Mumbai massacre implication' - Dec 18, 2010
- Sit-in against Pakistan drone strikes - Feb 26, 2012
- Islamabad Police files case against alleged CIA official - Dec 15, 2010
- Huge Pakistan rally demands halt to US drone strikes - Oct 28, 2011
- Three get life term for former JNU student leader's murder - Mar 23, 2012
- Saif Ali Khan booked for assaulting patron in Taj hotel - Feb 22, 2012
- Pakistani drone victim demands compensation from US - Nov 29, 2010
- U.S. drone strikes kill 17 people in Pakistan's North Waziristan - Dec 28, 2010
- Actor Prem Chopra booked for 'fraud' - Jan 05, 2012
- Woman raped inside moving taxi in Kolkata, attacker held - Jun 08, 2012
- Probe assault on advocate in police station: Court (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Pak public should come out on streets against US drone attacks: Shahbaz Sharif - Apr 27, 2011
- Sibal launches anti-ragging portal - Jul 26, 2012
- Pak tribesmen rally against US drone attacks in FATA - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: akbar, american embassy, cia, cia station chief, complainant, dawn, drone, pakistan, pakistanis, police case, police officer, police station, protest, spy network, tareen, terrorists, tribal areas, uproar, us government, waziristan