Pakistani youth wanted to meet president, arrestedFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 2 (IANS) A 19-year-old Pakistani national was arrested from near Parliament House here for attempting to enter the Rashtrapati Bhawan Wednesday night, police said.
The youth has been identified as Aftab Khan, resident of Islamabad. He was arrested around 9.30 p.m. Wednesday near Parliament House when he was heading towards Rashtrapati Bhawan.
“When he was stopped, Khan told the security personnel that he wanted to meet the president to seek her help as he had lost his passport and visa in Ambala. He wanted to ask the president for extension of his visa,” said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police (New Delhi) Sezu P. Kuruvilla.
As no valid travel documents were found from him, Khan was arrested under relevant sections of the Foreigners Act. He was produced before a local court Thursday.
“We are interrogating the youth but so far we have not found any incriminating documents from him. We are also verifying his claims,” said Kuruvilla.
- Body at nursery: 'Killer' arrested in Delhi - Apr 19, 2012
- Pakistani spy held in Delhi with secret defence papers (Second Lead) - Feb 21, 2012
- Court notice to Delhi Police on cop's front-rolls (Second lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Tight security in place for BRICS summit - Mar 27, 2012
- Geelani questioned by police - Mar 07, 2012
- Cop's front-rolls: No contempt case against official (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Cop's front-rolls: No contempt case against official (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Seven members of Bangladeshi gang arrested - Jul 02, 2010
- Attempted self-immolation by Tibetan against Hu Jintao's visit (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Punjab agency to install solar plant at Rashtrapati Bhawan - May 21, 2011
- Three held for human trafficking in Delhi - Apr 10, 2010
- Eight suspected Taiwanese arrested in Himachal (Second Lead) - Jun 13, 2012
- Kidnapped boy rescued in Haryana, abductor injured - Feb 11, 2011
- Geelani under scanner for alleged Lashkar links - Mar 02, 2012
- Travel agency dupes 90 youths of Rs.2.5 crore, two held - May 31, 2010
Tags: aftab khan, ambala, commissioner of police, deputy commissioner, feb 2, foreigners, islamabad, kuruvilla, local court, New Delhi, parliament, parliament house, passport, rashtrapati bhawan, relevant sections, security personnel, valid travel documents, visa, wednesday night