Pakistani who killed 40 arrestedAugust 8th, 2012 - 1:30 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 8 (IANS) A hitman who killed at least 40 people has been arrested in Pakistan’s Karachi city, a media report said.
Sayyed Pathan was wanted for organised crime ranging from armed gang-wars to targeted murders, Geo News reported.
Security personnel busted his hideout in Mauripur area on Hawkesbay Road.
Firearms including a handgun, a shotgun, and a rifle were seized.
Police said that Pathan belonged to a Lyari gang, also known as Jabbar Jengo Group, and was killer of at least 40 people.
- Over 5,000 dacoits held in Karachi in 2012 - Jul 22, 2012
- Four killed in Karachi violence - Jun 05, 2012
- Two more killed in Karachi violence - Jun 16, 2012
- China busts gang that sells illegal firearms - May 25, 2012
- 37 killed in Brazil slum raids - Dec 05, 2010
- Two killed in Pakistan building collapse - Aug 04, 2011
- Karachi violence continues, toll rises to 77 (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Rio Bravo Bridge Arms Bust Makes News - Dec 23, 2010
- Altaf asks Pak PM to rid Karachi's business community of extortion mafia - Jan 29, 2011
- Maoist hideout busted in Bengal, arms seized - Feb 03, 2011
- 15 killed in Karachi blast - Apr 22, 2011
- When two Pakistani ministers quarrelled - Aug 23, 2011
- Anti-tank rifle seized from Russian man's home - Aug 03, 2012
- Hi-tech gang of ATM robbers busted - Mar 29, 2012
- 10 more killed in Karachi violence, toll now 59 - Aug 19, 2011