Pakistani troops violate LoC five timesAugust 10th, 2011 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 10 (IANS) Pakistani troops resorted to firing and violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir five times in June and July, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said Wednesday.
There were two violations in June and three in July, he told the Rajya Sabha in a statement. The Pakistanis used small arms, machine guns and rocket launchers, he said.
The LoC divides Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
He said all incidents of ceasefire violations were probed and protests lodged with the Pakistani military authorities at the appropriate level.
- Army protests as soldier dies in Pakistani firing - Oct 25, 2010
- Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Major ceasefire violation by Pak Army along LoC in Poonch - Aug 19, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani troops battle on Kashmir border - Jun 19, 2012
- Infiltration into Kashmir falls - Aug 10, 2011
- 450 terrorists waiting to enter India, says army - Oct 25, 2010
- Pakistan, Indian troops exchange fire - Aug 18, 2011
- Pakistan violates ceasefire - May 23, 2010
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
Tags: antony, ceasefire violations, defence minister, india and pakistan, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, loc, machine guns, military authorities, New Delhi, pakistani troops, pakistanis, protests, rajya sabha, rocket launchers