Pakistani probe report on Mumbai strike awaited: Pranab

February 1st, 2009 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, Feb 1 (IANS) India Sunday reiterated that it was yet to officially hear from Pakistan on its probe into the Mumbai terror attacks that New Delhi has blamed on elements operating from the neighbouring country.”Pakistan has not given India any information as a reply to the dossier through diplomatic channels,” External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee told a TV news channel.

“The least that could have been done is to inform India through the high commission (in Islamabad) of its probe,” he added.

This was the second time in as many days that Mukherjee has spoken in this vein.

On Saturday, he said: “The Pakistani high commissioner (Shahid Malik) paid a courtesy call on the home minister (P. Chidambaram) on January 29, 2009. He did not provide any details on the results of the investigation in Pakistan into the Mumbai attacks.”

“We have also seen media reports about certain statements by various Pakistani officials on their ongoing investigations, including a certain reported clarification by the Pakistani Prime Minister (Yousuf Raza Gilani),” Mukherjee said.

“I would like to underline that we have so far not received any official Pakistani response to the Indian dossier or official information on the outcome of their investigations. These are awaited,” Mukherjee maintained.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in South Asia |