Pakistani on way to funeral killedMarch 2nd, 2012 - 1:49 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, March 2 (IANS) A man who was on his way to a funeral was stabbed to death when he got caught in a clash between two groups of students outside a college in Rawalpindi, a media report said Friday.
Muhammad Rais was on his way to the funeral when he got caught in the melee Thursday. He stepped out of his taxi and was taken by one group to be a supporter of its rivals and was stabbed, reported Dawn.
Allah Ditta, another passer-by, and Mubashir Hussain and Rizwan Arshad, both students, sustained bullet injuries.
A verbal altercation sparked the clash.
Witnesses heard gunshots and saw students running about with daggers, spreading panic in the area.
- 70 hurt in Dhaka varsity shooting - Apr 26, 2011
- Woman set ablaze in Moscow - Apr 06, 2011
- Suspicious bag outside IT office triggers panic - Jul 22, 2011
- Punjab students injured in school firing incident - Feb 16, 2012
- One injured in students' clash - Feb 19, 2011
- Religious leader killed in Srinagar blast, city shuts down (Second Lead) - Apr 08, 2011
- 15 wounded in Yemen clashes (Lead) - Feb 17, 2011
- Pakistani man fatally stabs daughter, hurls acid at wife - Feb 16, 2011
- Beef festival turns Osmania into battlefied, student stabbed - Apr 16, 2012
- New York pedestrians ignore dying man - Apr 26, 2010
- SP leader's son stabs youth - Mar 22, 2012
- Cops break up cricket match after ball hitting shutter mistaken for gunshots - Mar 17, 2011
- Man decapitates woman, runs off with head - May 15, 2011
- Two dead as bomb on donkey cart explodes in Peshawar (Lead) - Jan 19, 2011
- Jinnah's vision made Pakistan nuclear power: AQ Khan - Dec 26, 2010