Pakistani Mumbai suspects to be tried in cameraFebruary 13th, 2009 - 8:05 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 13 (IANS) The six men arrested for their alleged involvement in the Mumbai attacks would be tried in camera at the Adiala Central Jail in the garrison town of Rawalpindi, a media report Friday said.
“The federal government has asked the authorities concerned to provide high level security in the jail for the trial,” Dawn said.
All the suspects would be kept in the high security barracks in Adiala.
The suspects are likely to be handed over to the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA), which has sought two bullet-proof vehicles for transporting the accused, as also the services of a woman officer for help in further investigations, the newspaper said.
It, however, did not elaborate on the role of the woman officer.
The FIA has also requested the federal government to deploy the paramilitary Rangers for additional security, as also Rs.20 million for prosecution expenses, Dawn quoted its sources as saying.
A panel of lawyers is being formed to function as special public prosecutors, it added.
- Mumbai attack suspects to be tried in camera - Feb 13, 2009
- Pakistan court declares Musharraf 'proclaimed offender' - May 30, 2011
- Musharraf's interview presented in court in connection with Benazir assassination case - Apr 23, 2011
- Arrest warrant against Musharraf reissued in Benazir case - Jun 11, 2011
- FIA asks Pak court to declare Musharraf 'absconder' in Benazir murder case - Apr 24, 2011
- Pakistani court adjourns hearing of Mumbai terror-attack case - Feb 26, 2011
- Pak court directs FIA to implement Musharraf's arrest warrant in BB murder case - Apr 09, 2011
- Pakistani prosecutors submit 26/11 evidence in court - Jul 09, 2011
- Adiala Jail security beefed up following Taliban terror spree - Oct 17, 2009
- Bhutto murder: New arrest warrant against Musharraf - Feb 19, 2011
- Not "a single piece of evidence" found against Qadir Gilani in Haj scam: FIA Chief - Feb 22, 2011
- Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf named as accused in Bhutto's assassination case - Feb 07, 2011
- 25 cellphones seized from Pakistani jail - May 21, 2012
- Pakistani court orders confiscation of Musharraf's assets - Aug 28, 2011
Tags: additional security, authorities, bullet proof vehicles, central jail, dawn, federal government, federal investigation, fia, garrison town, high security, investigation agency, investigations, lawyers, level security, mumbai, prosecution, public prosecutors, rangers, six men, woman officer