Pakistani MP injured in parcel bomb blastJune 5th, 2009 - 7:24 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, June 5 (IANS) A Pakistani parliamentarian and three members of his family were injured in a parcel bomb blast at his residence here Friday, police said.
Police said Yakub Bizenjo, his mother, brother and daughter were injured and had been admitted to hospital.
The parcel had been despatched from Bizenjo’s Turbat constituency in Balochistan and was delivered to his Defence Phase-6 neighbourhood here by a transport company. It exploded while it was being opened, police said, advising people to be extremely careful while opening such packages.
Bizenjo is the lone representative of the Baluchistan National Party (BNP) in the 340-member National Assembly, the lower house of parliament.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah has ordered an inquiry into the incident.
President Asif Ali Zardari Friday strongly condemned the blast, even as he asked after the welfare of the injured.
He also directed that a report be submitted to him at the earliest and those responsible be arrested.
- UN medical team attacked in Pakistan - Jul 17, 2012
- Five killed in Pakistan suicide blast (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- WHO staff injured in Pakistan (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Japanese consulate vehicle fired at in Karachi, one hurt - Oct 28, 2010
- Pakistani provincial minister quits - Nov 19, 2011
- Suicide attacker of Karachi shrine identified - Oct 08, 2010
- Zardari orders arrests in Karachi rally firing - May 26, 2012
- Jihadi groups plan to kill 'three CMs' of Pak provinces - Jan 25, 2011
- One injured in bomb blast in Peshawar, school bus escapes attack - Jan 06, 2011
- Suicide blast kills one in Pakistan's Quetta city - Apr 07, 2011
- Official shot dead in Pakistan's Quetta - Oct 08, 2011
- Pakistani MP's guard among three set on fire in Karachi - Nov 26, 2010
- Two dead in Pakistan stadium blast (Lead) - Jul 30, 2011
- Three dead in Pakistan train attack - Aug 29, 2011
- Three killed, 40 injured in two attacks on Pakistan Navy buses in Karachi - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: ali shah, balochistan, bnp, bomb blast, chief minister, constituency, house of parliament, lone representative, national assembly, neighbourhood, parcel bomb, parliament, parliamentarian, phase 6, qaim ali, sindh, transport company, turbat, welfare, zardari