Pakistani man cuts off nose, fingers of wife over cheating suspicionsDecember 12th, 2010 - 8:48 pm ICT by BNO News
QAMBAR, PAKISTAN (BNO NEWS) — The Pakistani husband of a young woman is accused of cutting off her nose and fingers over suspicion that she was cheating on him, local media reported on Sunday.
SAMAA Television reported that the man cut off the nose and fingers of his 23-year-old wife in the city of Qambar, which is the capital of the Qambar Shahdadkot District in Sindh province, over suspicion that she was having a relationship with another person.
The woman was admitted to Chandka Medical College Hospital for treatment of her injuries, where her condition was not immediately known. It was not immediately clear if the suspect had been arrested, but SAMAA TV reported that a case had been registered against him.
It was not immediately clear if the woman will also face prosecution, as adultery is illegal in Pakistan.
- Pakistani man kills sister over 'illicit relations' - Jan 25, 2011
- Pakistan issues 'last warning' as flood waters rise in Sindh - Aug 23, 2010
- Pakistani who chopped off wife's nose held - Oct 25, 2011
- Chinese woman castrates husband, jailed - Aug 12, 2011
- Honour killing: Woman shot dead in Pakistan - Mar 07, 2012
- 20 killed as bus catches fire in Pakistan - Feb 14, 2011
- pakistani man shoots wife, man in honour killing - Apr 22, 2011
- Liberty Ross spotted with no wedding ring - Aug 08, 2012
- Man's genitals chopped off in Pakistan - Sep 16, 2011
- Iranian woman, to be stoned to death, may get hanged - Dec 26, 2011
- Pakistani woman electrocuted to death for eloping - Jan 23, 2011
- Swedish prosecutor seeks arrest warrant for WikiLeaks founder Assange - Nov 18, 2010
- Another female Taliban victim demands justice - Dec 06, 2010
- Thousands evacuated as floods threaten Pakistani province - Aug 27, 2010
- Woman faces death by stoning in Sudan - Aug 02, 2012