Pakistani makes car that runs on waterJuly 27th, 2012 - 12:47 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 27 (IANS) A Pakistani engineer has built a car that runs on water, a feat that left onlookers astounded.
Engineer Waqar Ahmad drove his car using water as fuel Thursday during a demonstration for parliamentarians, scientists and students, Dawn reported from this Pakistan capital.
He said cars could be driven by a system fuelled by water instead of petrol or CNG.
The onlookers were taken aback when they saw it and a cabinet sub-committee lauded the ‘Water Fuel Kit Project’.
Religious Affairs Minister Syed Khurshid Ahmad Shah, who heads the panel, said the engineer would have their full support.
The media report explained that the water fuelling system is a technology in which ‘hydrogen bonding’ with distilled water produces hydrogen gas to run the car.
Ahmad had earlier told Shah about the unique project and it was taken to the federal cabinet which asked its sub-committee to discuss it.
During the demonstration, Shah himself drove the car.
The minister said that Ahmad would be given complete security and the formula would be kept secure.
Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf and Finance Minister Hafeez Shaikh value the project, he said.
“We own this project and are committed to successfully completing it,” he was quoted as saying.
- Kashmir reviews terms of NHPC-run power projects - Jan 03, 2012
- Robotic jellyfish invented - Mar 21, 2012
- Olympic taxis to fill up in Swindon - Aug 01, 2012
- Pakistan to spend Rs.154 bn on 15 projects - Jul 30, 2011
- New Delhi's CNG drive worsened some vehicles' climate impacts: Study - Mar 02, 2011
- Rs.10.2 bn for deficit-stricken Pakistan Railways - Aug 06, 2011
- Agitating Kashmir employees hold talks with government - May 15, 2010
- Scientists come up with low-cost 'artificial petrol' - Jan 31, 2011
- Run trains on time, directs Pakistani PM - Jul 05, 2012
- Kashmir cabinet panel to meet Saturday over panchayat polls - Jan 28, 2011
- Mahindra launches hydrogen-powered three-wheeler - Jan 09, 2012
- Tata funds research project on water as auto fuel - Dec 31, 2010
- Right to Services in three months in Kerala - Aug 02, 2012
- No-pollution three wheelers unveiled in New Delhi - Aug 26, 2009
- Pakistani minister took 10.12 decisions per meeting - Oct 14, 2011
Tags: affairs minister, ahmad shah, ashraf, car that runs on water, complete security, demonstration, distilled water, federal cabinet, finance minister, hafeez, hydrogen bonding, hydrogen gas, khurshid ahmad, onlookers, parliamentarians, pervez, petrol, prime minister, religious affairs, water fuel