Pakistani law officer pays quiet visit to Delhi gurdwaraMarch 26th, 2012 - 10:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 26 (IANS) Pakistan’s Deputy Attorney General Muhammad Khurshid Khan paid a quiet visit to one of Delhi’s famous gurdwaras, leaving officials of the Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Management Committee (DSGMC) waiting for him all day.
“I received a call from Khan Saturday saying he wants to visit Rakabganj the next day and do voluntary service. I asked him to come around 4 p.m. but he never turned up,” DSGMC chief Paramjit Singh Sarna told IANS.
He denied having any idea of Khan visiting the Rakabganj gurdwara, which is also the head office of DSGMC — the body in-charge of all gurdwaras in the capital.
According to media reports, Khan, in India as part of a delegation to attend a legal conference, visited Rakabganj Sunday noon and did voluntary shoe service.
“A delegation of Pakistan Supreme Court Bar Council was in India to attend a conference. We have no idea about their schedule,” said an official of the Pakistan High Commission.
- Sikh bodies ask Govt to include Kartarpur Corridor in Indo-Pak talks - Mar 03, 2011
- Pakistani official sacked after polishing shoes in India - Aug 02, 2012
- 1984 anti-Sikh riots affected take out protest march in Amritsar - Aug 07, 2010
- US envoy offers condolences (Third Lead, correcting para four) - Aug 06, 2012
- Gurdwara shooting: US envoy offers condolences (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Visit a Delhi gurdwara, Sikh leader to Obama - Oct 28, 2010
- US gurdwara shooting: DSGMC to compensate Delhi victims' kin - Aug 07, 2012
- Devotees visit Amritsar's Golden Temple on Baisakhi - Apr 14, 2011
- Gurdwara shooting: US envoy offers condolences (Second Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Keep away from Sikh religious matters, Badal tells Congress - Jun 24, 2010
- Sarnas appear before Akal Takht, panel set up on Phoolka charges - Aug 08, 2010
- Akal Takht summons Sarna over his remarks against Phoolka - Jul 21, 2010
- Pakistani who polished shoes in India sacked (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Lone Sikh ranger withdraws from 1984 riots cases - Jul 21, 2010
- 1984 riots: Akal Takht stands behind Phoolka - Jul 22, 2010
Tags: delegation, delhi sikh gurdwara management, deputy attorney general, gurdwaras, India, khurshid khan, muhammad, New Delhi, pakistan high commission, pakistan supreme court, quiet visit, sarna, shoe service, sikh gurdwara management committee, sunday noon, supreme court bar, voluntary service