Pakistani journalists to visit Mumbai, PuneMay 19th, 2012 - 4:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 19 (IANS) A 17-member Pakistani journalists delegation will be visiting Mumbai and Pune for a week starting May 21, a Mumbai press club official said Saturday.
“Journalists from Karachi and Hyderabad (Sindh) and members of Karachi Press Club (KPC) and Hyderabad Press Club (HPC) will be visiting Mumbai and Pune on an invitation by the Press Club Mumbai (PCM),” said PCM president Gurbir Singh.
In November last year, 22 members of the Mumbai press club visited Karachi and Hyderabad (Sindh).
The visiting journalists are representing leading Pakistani newspapers and channels like Dawn, The News, Jang Geo TV, ARY News and Express TV.
“The journalists will have interactions with political leaders, industry captains, journalists, social activists as well as common people. They are scheduled to visit Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Home Minister R.R. Patil, among others,” Singh said.
The delegation will also pay a visit to the Bombay Stock Exchange and offices of a couple of newspapers and news channels in the country’s financial capital.
“The purpose of the visit is to promote understanding and tolerance between the two countries by increasing and improving the quality of media content while reporting on bilateral issues. We hope this will give a boost to the peace process between the two countries,” Singh said.
On May 26 evening, the journalists will proceed to Pune, where they will visit a media office besides attending an event hosted by Sarhad, an NGO from the city working for peace between India and Pakistan.
- Mumbai media delegation invited to Pakistan - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Media in India, Pakistan should not use hate language' - May 22, 2012
- Maharastra minister calls for easing India-Pakistan visa regime - May 25, 2012
- Sports journalist S.K.Sham dead - Nov 28, 2011
- Pakistani media targeted over Zardari 'shoe attack' reports - Aug 08, 2010
- Chavan rules out CBI probe, media threaten stir on scribe killing - Jun 13, 2011
- Pakistani newspapers set aflame in Karachi - Mar 21, 2012
- Journalist's murder: Scribes on relay hunger strike - Jun 15, 2011
- India, Pakistan asked to cut military spending - May 27, 2012
- Scribe's murder: Media mulls boycotting Chavan, Patil - Jun 16, 2011
- Pakistani scribes demand clarification over killing - Aug 30, 2011
- India to reopen consulate in Karachi - Mar 14, 2012
- J. Dey murder: high court says no to CBI probe - Jul 18, 2011
- Cartoonist Trivedi gets bail, refuses to be freed till charges dropped (Second Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Zardari seeks probe into attack on journalist - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: ary news, bilateral issues, bombay stock exchange, chavan, chief minister, common people, geo tv, home minister, hyderabad sindh, india and pakistan, industry captains, karachi, kpc, media content, news channels, pakistani journalists, pakistani newspapers, peace process, pune, social activists