Pakistani Hindus protest against kidnapping of their childrenDecember 26th, 2007 - 12:39 pm ICT by admin
Karachi, Dec 26 (ANI): The Hindu community and Small Traders Union took out a rally against the kidnapping of children and people in Jacobabad district in Pakistans Sindh province on Tuesday.
They claimed the children were being kidnapped on a political basis as they all belonged to poor families.
The rally started from Hindu Panchayat hall and after passing through different roads reached the Jacobabad press club.
Lal Chand Seetlani, President Hindu Panchayat, said that during the elections many children were kidnapped from Jacobabad, and added that it was a conspiracy.
Akshay Kumar (10) was kidnapped near Petti Bazaar, one month ago, Fayaz Abro (5) was kidnapped from Dastagir colony, Gurya (5) was kidnapped from Quaid-i-Azam road and four Hindus Raj Kumar, Bahoo Lal, Shankar Kumar, Jaipal Das and one teacher Wazir Ali were kidnapped from Sultankot area from a passenger wagon, he claimed.
He told reporters that they had informed caretaker Prime Minister Mohammadmian Soomro about the kidnappings of Hindu people, who had assured that he would soon reach Jacobabad and would take up the matter.
A grand meeting would be held in which they would jointly announce the boycott of general elections, the Dawn quoted Seetlani, as saying.
They would also go on a token hunger strike at Sarafa bazaar chowk and threatened that if within 24 hours the children and men were not released from the clutches of kidnappers they would widen their protest till recovery of the hostages, he added. (ANI)
- Three Hindu traders abducted in Pakistan - Jul 14, 2012
- Harassed Hindus flee Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Hindu spiritual leader kidnapped in Pakistan - Dec 23, 2010
- Harassed Hindus flee Pakistan - Aug 10, 2012
- Hindu trader kidnapped in Pakistan - Feb 13, 2012
- `Hindus in Pakistan angry, helpless' - Apr 10, 2012
- Pakistani Hindus protest kidnapping of young girls - Apr 09, 2012
- Abductions of Hindu children on the rise in Sindh - Oct 17, 2010
- Pak authorities yet to make arrests in murdered Hindu leader's case eight years on - May 08, 2010
- Disquiet among Pakistani Hindus over kidnapped leader - Feb 25, 2011
- Conversion of Pakistani Hindus condemned - Nov 12, 2011
- Zardari seeks report on killing of Hindu doctors - Nov 08, 2011
- Hindu trader gunned down in kidnapping bid in Pakistan - Feb 07, 2011
- Kashmiri gets 10 years in jail for carrying RDX, pistols - Dec 21, 2010
- Several Hindus kidnapped for ransom in Pakistan - Dec 30, 2010
Tags: bahoo, chowk, different roads, general elections, hindu community, hunger strike, jaipal, kidnappers, kidnappings, lal chand, pakistani hindus, panchayat, political basis, poor families, raj kumar, shankar, sindh province, small traders, soomro, traders union