Pakistani fans remember `babumoshai’ Rajesh KhannaJuly 19th, 2012 - 1:32 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 19 (IANS) Fans in Pakistan paid rich tributes to Bollywood actor Rajesh Khanna, who died in Mumbai Wednesday, with some recalling “Arrey oh baabu mushoy…”
Pakistan’s leading daily Dawn had a separate section “Zindagi kay safar mein: Remembering Rajesh Khanna” where readers could write in.
“By far my favorite actor. His style was very unique, and he stands out as an actor in an era, where there were so many other superstars acted, like Amitabh, Dharmindra, shahi, Rashi, Sanjeev, Sharu etc. I loved every movie of his and my favorite was Alag Alag. May God bless him, he will be missed, wrote Farrukh Siar.
From Canada, Mohammad wrote: “And so, the great star has gone for ever but has left his memories in our hearts and minds!”
KDP said that “one of the most memorable movie with sensational dialogues was Anand” and provided a link to selected dialogues from Anand.
Another comment was a philosophical one from Wahid, who wrote: “In my platonic learning: What is seen is not a reality. The reality is ideal, real impressions of the legend’s characters living in minds, love, respect and honour for him are reality. Rajesh Khanna! You are cherished and that is reality. May your oooper wala bless you peace endlessly.”
Jack recalled Rajesh Khanna’s “babumoshai” dialogue: “Arrey o
babumushoy, hum to rangmanch ki kathputliyan hain jiski dor us upar wale ke haathon main hai kab, kaun kahan uthega ye koi nahin janta”.
Another post from Seoul was of the same dialogue: “Babumoshai..Zindagi ek Rangmanch hai, aur hum sab us Rangmanch ki kathputliyan… Jiski dor upar wale ke haath me hai… Usse na aap badal sakte hain na hum’”, adding” “Anand mara nahi, Anand marte nahi…”
“The man is gone. But the memories will live on. RIP KAKA”
A.P.J. too recalled the same dialogue.
- B-town mourns loss of Rajesh Khanna, the 'phenomenon' - Jul 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna's evergreen songs - Jul 18, 2012
- Bollywood's first superstar, Rajesh Khanna's filmography - Jul 18, 2012
- Popular Hindi songs, now titles of TV shows - Jan 04, 2012
- Are you an expensive surgeon, Rajesh Khanna asked (With Image) - Jul 25, 2012
- Are you an expensive surgeon, Rajesh Khanna asked (Lead, with correction in second para) - Jul 25, 2012
- Special Rajesh Khanna tribute on 'Indian Idol 6' (TV Snippets) - Jul 20, 2012
- Dev Anand: Bollywood's very own Peter Pan says adieu (Obituary) - Dec 04, 2011
- Rajesh Khanna was Bhandarkar's style icon - Jul 19, 2012
- 'Khoya khoya chand' - Some of Dev Anand's hit songs - Dec 04, 2011
- 13 songs to dedicate this Mother's Day - May 05, 2011
- 'Achcha to hum chalte hain': Rajesh Khanna bids a quiet adieu (Obituary) - Jul 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar, says Dimple (Lead) - Aug 18, 2012
- Rajesh Khanna was destined to be superstar: Dimple Kapadia - Aug 18, 2012
- It was an honour to sing for Rajesh Khanna: Manna Dey - Jul 18, 2012
Tags: actor rajesh khanna, dialogues, hearts and minds, honour, impressions, kahan, kaka, mara, mohammad, mumbai, nahi, rajesh khanna, rich tributes, safar, sanjeev, seoul, siar, superstars, wahid, wale