Pakistani court rejects Mumbai attack panel’s reportJuly 17th, 2012 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 17 (IANS) A Pakistani court Tuesday rejected a report submitted by the commission on the Mumbai terror attack case, a media report said.
The anti-terrorist court (ATC) of Rawalpindi was hearing a petition against the judicial commission, reported Dawn.
The Mumbai terror attack in November 2008 was carried out by 10 Pakistanis who left 166 people, including many foreigners, dead.
The court rejected the report and termed as illegal the Indian move not to allow the commission access to witnesses.
The court said the panel’s report could not be made part of records related to those accused in Pakistan and described as “a waste of time” the activities of the judicial commission.
It noted that if both countries agreed, then the judicial commission could travel to India to cross-examine the witnesses in the future.
- Is Pakistan serious about Mumbai terror attack, asks BJP - Jul 17, 2012
- Enough 26/11 evidence shared with Pakistan: India - Jul 18, 2012
- Pak judge hearing 26/11, Benazir murder case complains against his security withdrawal - Mar 27, 2011
- Pak court adjourns 26/11 Mumbai attacks case hearing until April 23 - Apr 17, 2011
- 26/11: Pakistani judicial panel begins visit to India (Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- 26/11: Pak judicial panel to begin India visit Wednesday - Mar 13, 2012
- Pakistan 26/11 panel visit only after internal consultations: India - Sep 01, 2012
- Pakistan panel on 26/11 to visit India in February - Jan 13, 2012
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak FIA told to produce Musharraf in court on March 26 - Mar 19, 2011
- Musharraf's plea for shifting 2003 suicide attacks case to military court rejected - Feb 26, 2011
- 26/11 probe: Pakistan rejects India's request to quiz Lakhvi - Mar 13, 2011
- Speeding up 26/11 justice biggest CBM: Manmohan tells Zardari (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Maharashtra assembly disallows discussion on Pakistan panel visit - Mar 19, 2012
- Arrest warrant against Musharraf reissued in Benazir case - Jun 11, 2011