Pakistani court adjourns Mumbai attack case hearingJuly 26th, 2009 - 12:09 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 25 (IANS) A Pakistani court Saturday adjourned till Aug 29 the hearing of a case against five people accused of involvement in the Mumbai terrorist attacks, a media report said.
A prosecution team member and a defence lawyer said the hearing was adjourned until Aug 29 and the court decided to accept a request by the Federal Investigation Agency that the hearing be held behind closed doors, the Dawn newspaper’s website reported.
The government prosecutor, Malik Rab Nawaz Noon, said formal charges against the accused had not yet been framed and Saturday’s proceedings had ended after the recording of statements.
The media and public have been denied access to the hearings that are being held at the Adiala jail in Rawalpindi, a garrison town near the capital, and lawyers from both sides have given few details of the pre-trial proceedings.
The suspects on trial at Adiala are Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, a commander of the Lashkar-e-Taiba militant group, Hammad Amin, Abdul Wajid alias Zarar Shah, Mazhar Iqbal alias Abu al Qama and Shahid Jameel Riaz.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik had earlier this month released photographs of the men, along with 13 other suspects who have not yet been detained.
- Pakistan bans coverage of 26/11 trial - Aug 29, 2009
- Mumbai terrorist attacks accused seek open trial - May 23, 2010
- 26/11 probe: Pakistan rejects India's request to quiz Lakhvi - Mar 13, 2011
- Special Pak court adjourns Mumbai attack suspect case for a month - Jul 26, 2009
- Judge absent, 26/11 case hearing adjourned - Feb 13, 2010
- Pak anti-terrorism court issues notices in 26/11 case - May 09, 2010
- Evidence filed against LeT's Lakhvi in 26/11 trial - Jan 30, 2010
- Pak anti-terrorism court adjourns 26/11 trial again - Oct 31, 2009
- Pak court extends remand of Mumbai terror suspects - Apr 15, 2009
- Noose tightens around Lashkar commander Lakhvi - Jul 20, 2009
- Pak anti-terrorism court adjourns 26/11 hearing of seven accused till September 26 - Sep 19, 2009
- Pak court 'refuses to declare Kasab proclaimed offender' in Mumbai terror attacks - Feb 25, 2011
- Rawalpindi court adjourns trial of 26/11 accused till Oct 10 - Oct 03, 2009
- Mumbai attack suspect confesses providing logistical support to attackers - Apr 16, 2009
- Pak anti-terrorism court adjourns 26/11 hearing of seven accused till October 3 - Sep 26, 2009
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,