Pakistani caught while crossing LoCApril 9th, 2012 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, April 9 (IANS) Soldiers deployed on the Line of Control (LoC), which divides Jammu and Kashmir between India and Pakistan, Monday caught a Pakistani trying to sneak into India, an army spokesperson said.
Troops stationed in Poonch district, about 250 km from here, noticed suspicious movement of a person who was trying to infiltrate from the Poonch river bed, a spokesperson said.
“The troops were alerted. The individual later surrendered to the army,” he added.
The man was identified as Mohammad Sherif. An identity card, issued by “Hukumat-e-Pakistan”, was recovered from his possesssion.
“This infiltration attempt has brought to light the intention of Pakistan to infiltrate terrorists and other supporters into Indian side for nefarious reasons. With the onset of summer, infiltration attempts have increased and this shall be a challenge to the army,” the official said.
- Army foils infiltration bid in Poonch - Sep 13, 2012
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Army chief warns of terrorist designs - Aug 10, 2011
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Two terrorists killed in Jammu and Kashmir - Nov 14, 2010
- Four guerrillas killed while crossing LoC - May 10, 2012
- Vigilance increased along LoC in Kashmir to check infiltration - Dec 29, 2010
- Army foils infiltration bid, arrests one - Feb 23, 2012
- All quiet at LoC, day after six-hour firing - May 24, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pak violates cease-fire in Poonch district, one soldier killed - Oct 25, 2010
- Army foils infiltration bid in Jammu - Jun 09, 2012
- Two militants killed in Kashmir gunfight - Mar 24, 2010