Pakistani booked for twin government jobJanuary 11th, 2012 - 2:07 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 11 (IANS) A Pakistani who simultaneously worked as a police constable and at the ministry of religious affairs has been booked on charges of cheating and causing losses to the exchequer, police said.
Ali Raza was booked by Islamabad police in on a complaint lodged by the office of the senior superintendent of police (SSP) that he was drawing a salary from both the offices, Dawn News reported.
The constable was inducted in the capital police in 2001. He was, however, dismissed from service in 2006 on charges of continuous absence from duty, following which he approached the Federal Service Tribunal (FST).
In 2008, he applied in the religious ministry and got the job of a steno-typist there. In 2009, the FST gave a verdict in his favour and directed the police department to reinstate him.
Following the FST order, he was reinstated as a constable in 2009. But instead of resigning from the ministry, he continued to work there and draw salaries from both departments for seven months.
The crime was detected in 2010 when the computerised salary disbursement system of the Auditor General of Pakistan Revenue was introduced.
The office informed the police and the Haj Directorate about the malpractice, and Raza was dismissed from both the departments.
- Pakistani officials in Saudi Arabia to probe Haj scandal - Dec 16, 2010
- Apex court backs women tour operators on Haj quota (Lead) - Apr 30, 2012
- Five Andhra cops held for playing Munna Bhai - Jun 17, 2011
- Arrest all involved in Haj scam: Pakistani apex court - Dec 06, 2010
- Gilani to oust Religious Affairs Minister over defective Haj arrangements - Nov 21, 2010
- S.Arabia gives Rs 3 crore to Pak to redress Haj pilgrims' grievances - Apr 20, 2011
- Moscow cop held with one kg cocaine - Aug 18, 2012
- Haj VIP quota is bad: Supreme Court - Oct 18, 2011
- Bhopal gas tragedy commission gets additional staff - Dec 27, 2010
- In i-Pad era, typewriters still go clickety clack (With Images) - Jun 30, 2010
- UP wants centre to increase Haj quota - May 15, 2012
- Not "a single piece of evidence" found against Qadir Gilani in Haj scam: FIA Chief - Feb 22, 2011
- FIA freezes foreign currency accounts of Pak's former Religious Affairs Minister - Jan 25, 2011
- 'Over 36mn rupees corruption' reported in Haj arrangements in Pak: Malik - Dec 21, 2010
- India pays Rs.600 crore as Haj subsidy annually - May 08, 2012
Tags: ali raza, capital police, dawn news, disbursement system, favour, fst, government job, losses, malpractice, pakistan, police constable, police department, religious affairs, religious ministry, salaries, salary, seven months, superintendent, tribunal, typist