Pakistani army to court-martial brigadierFebruary 12th, 2012 - 7:23 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Feb 12 (IANS) The Pakistan Army has decided to court-martial a brigadier for his alleged links with the banned Hizb-ul-Tehrir outfit, sources said.
Brigadier Ali Khan, who was posted at Rawalpindi’s General Headquarters (GHQ), was detained six months ago. He is alleged to have groomed a particular mindset in the army and also had contacts with the Hizb-ul-Tehrir in this connecction, Geo News reported.
According to the sources, a summary of the evidence has been prepared against the brigadier and court of inquiry has also been ordered.
- Five Pakistani Army officers jailed for terror links - Aug 04, 2012
- Four Pakistani majors questioned for Islamist links (Lead) - Jun 23, 2011
- Senior army officer held in Pakistan over militant links (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Court martial of army's former military secretary complete - Dec 02, 2011
- `Brigadier arrested: Soul-searching time for Pakistan Army' - Jun 23, 2011
- Court-martial against army general in Sukna land scam (Lead) - Aug 20, 2010
- Four serving Pakistani majors being questioned - Jun 23, 2011
- Kayani wants democracy to continue in Pakistan - May 01, 2012
- Senior army officer held in Pakistan - Jun 21, 2011
- Delhi court blast accused killed in Kishtwar (Lead) - Aug 06, 2012
- Pak military court charges two army officers for assisting banned terror outfit - Jan 21, 2010
- Illegal weapons' sale: 27 army officers in the dock - Jul 07, 2011
- Pak govt. to skip probe into GHQ terror attack fearing its downfall - Oct 14, 2009
- High court blast aimed at saving Guru from gallows: NIA - Mar 13, 2012
- More trouble for army's former military secretary - Aug 23, 2011