Pakistani Army shells Indian posts in KashmirMay 10th, 2009 - 12:50 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, May 9 (IANS) The Pakistani Army violated the ceasefire along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir Saturday evening by firing two mortar shells at Indian posts, an army officer said here.
“There has been a violation of the ceasefire by Pakistani troops on the Line of Control in the Rajouri sector,” the army officer, requesting anonymity as he is not authorised to speak to the media.
The Indian Army, however, didn’t retaliate, the officer added.
“Pakistani troops fired two mortar shells in Jhangar area of mountainous Rajouri district at 7.15 p.m. It was unprovoked firing,” the officer said.
The shells did not cause any damage.
This is first ceasefire violation this year on the LoC - the de facto border with Pakistan in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Aug 26, 2011
- Pakistan ready for flag meeting after firing - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011
- Army foils infiltration bid in Jammu - Jun 09, 2012
- Pakistan Army fires at Indian posts in Kashmir - Jun 03, 2009