Pakistani actors return upbeat after India visitNovember 6th, 2009 - 1:15 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, Nov 6 (IANS) A group of actors based here has returned from India where they received a “brilliant response” from the people during their performance.
The team of National Academy of Performing Arts (NAPA) graduates returned to this financial capital of Pakistan last week from Amritsar, India, after a successful show at the South Asia Foundation Festival for Peace-2009, The News reported Friday.
They had performed an experimental play, “Jaaney Pehchaney Ajnabi”, under the direction of Zain Ahmed.
“We received a brilliant response and the crowd was overwhelmed by such an experimental theatrical performance by a troupe from Pakistan,” Zeeshan Haider, a member of the cast, told The News.
He added that the unique thing about the performance was that there were no inanimate props as the performers were themselves converting into chairs and other required props.
Led by NAPA faculty member Zain Ahmed, the other group members include Ali Rizvi, Paras Masroor, Aiman Tariq, Kashif Farhad, Farhan Saqib Khan, Maria Rabab and Mohsin Ali.
Members of the group said that this was the first time that NAPA students received international exposure and they added that they “learnt a lot” from actors “from the other side of the border”.
The South Asia Foundation Festival for Peace was a 15-day festival which included troupes from India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.
NAPA and Ajoka were the two Pakistan-based theatre groups invited to perform in the festival. Individual Pakistan-based performers who were part of the festival include Sheema Kirmani, Sania Saeed, and Tina Sani.
- Peace podium: Pakistan troupe performs to packed house - Jan 18, 2009
- Pakistani play on peace touches heart in Delhi - Jul 16, 2011
- Lisa Ray engaged (With Images) - Feb 01, 2012
- Goan dances enthrall Trinidad and Tobago audience - Aug 13, 2011
- Two-day Africa festival opens in capital (With image) - Jun 18, 2012
- Rabindra dance marathon lands her in Guinness book - Apr 26, 2012
- 'Fighting Gravity' Sizzle In 'America's Got Talent' Semifinal - Sep 01, 2010
- Pakistan lacks support for culture: Sheema Kermani - Mar 13, 2010
- Latino dance-music fiesta to enthrall Delhi - Apr 04, 2012
- Pakistans Ajoka Theatre to stage Bullah play in India - Dec 21, 2008
- Pakistani theatre troupe wins hearts for performing Bullah in Kerala - Dec 27, 2008
- Global Sufi music fest in capital - Feb 04, 2012
- SAARC folklore festival starts Friday - Sep 29, 2011
- Through 'devi' dance and music, West Africa reaches out to India (With Image) - Mar 08, 2011
- Regional theatre sets stage for Games - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: academy of performing arts, aiman, ajnabi, ajoka, amritsar india, asia foundation, capital of pakistan, india pakistan, india visit, international exposure, kashif, masroor, pakistani actors, rabab, sania saeed, saqib, theatre groups, theatrical performance, tina sani, zeeshan