Pakistan wants Law Minister Sanaullah ousted for links with terrorists: TaseerSeptember 5th, 2010 - 1:34 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Sept 5 (ANI): The Governor of Pakistan’s Punjab province, Salmaan Taseer, has claimed that the entire country wants Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah removed, for having links with terrorists.
Taseer added that the entire nation was now aware of Sanaullah’s alleged relations with militants and wanted him to be removed.
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) is the ruling party in Punjab, while the federal government is presently led by the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP).
The Daily Times quoted Taseer, as saying, that the federal government would continue to support the provincial government.
Suspending or transferring bureaucrats was just a drama staged by the Government of Punjab, he said, adding that the chief minister should act responsibly, instead of resigning. (ANI)
- Pak Punjab Law Minister sheltering drug traffickers, land mafia, terrorists: PPP - Sep 06, 2010
- PML-N has given grace period to PPP to implement 10-point agenda: Sanaullah - Jan 11, 2011
- Pak Punjab Assembly passes resolution against Musharraf - Oct 13, 2010
- Blasphemy laws should remain intact in Pakistan: PPP leader - Jan 11, 2011
- Pak parliamentarians want "insane" Musharraf "mentally examined"! - Oct 08, 2010
- Petition challenges removal of seven PPP ministers from Pak Punjab cabinet - Mar 04, 2011
- PML-N, Taliban links prime reason behind Lahore mosques' terror siege: Taseer - May 29, 2010
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- PML-N to bring 'Remove Taseer' resolution in Punjab Assembly over 'vanishing act' - Dec 10, 2010
- Latif Khosa offers cooperation to PML-N through reconciliation process - Jan 15, 2011
- Pakistan arrests PML-N leader - Sep 01, 2010
- Pak politician threatened for disclosing government-banned organizations nexus - Nov 22, 2010
- PML-N ends alliance with PPP in Pak's Punjab province due to 'unfulfilled promises' - Feb 26, 2011
- Controversy over plot to kill high court chief justice in Pakistan - Sep 18, 2010
- PPP gives PML-N 24-hour deadline to implement 19-point agenda in Pak Punjab - Feb 07, 2011
Tags: bureaucrats, chief minister, federal government, government of punjab, lahore, law minister, militants, pakistan muslim league, pakistan muslim league nawaz, pml n, provincial government, punjab province, ruling party, salmaan, terrorists