Pakistan to test-fire n-missileMay 19th, 2012 - 12:39 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 19 (IANS) Pakistan will test fire a new nuclear-capable missile by the end of this month, a media report said Saturday.
Geo News reported that the surface-to-surface `Nasr’ missile has a 180-km range and a high degree of accuracy.
The army has completed preparations for it, said sources.
Pakistan April 25 successfully test-fired an intermediate range nuclear-capable missile, less than a week after India tested a 5,000-km range missile.
The missile was capable of carrying nuclear and conventional warheads.
In March, Pakistan test-fired a nuclear-capable short-range surface-to-surface ballistic missile. The Hatf-2 missile can travel up to 180 km and deliver nuclear as well as conventional warheads with high accuracy.
Pakistan’s missile repertory includes Hatf ballistic missiles and its variants, Ghaznavi short-range ballistic missile, Ghauri and Shaheen medium and intermediate range ballistic missiles, Babur cruise missiles and Baktar-Shikan anti-tank guided missile, most of which have been developed with China’s help.
- Pakistan test-fires n-capable missile (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable, short-range missile (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable ballistic missile - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable Hatf-VIII missile - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan successfully tests Hatf III missile - May 10, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable missile (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- India test-fires Prithvi-II missile - Aug 25, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires n-capable missile (Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Sep 17, 2012
- Pakistan tests cruise missile Hatf-VII - Jun 05, 2012
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi-II missile (Lead) - Jun 09, 2011
- India successfully test-fires n-capable Prithvi II, Dhanush missiles (Second Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan test-fires cruise missile - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: accuracy, army, capable missile, china, conventional warheads, cruise missiles, geo news, ghauri, guided missile, India, pakistan test, range ballistic missile, range ballistic missiles, range missile, repertory, tank, variants