Pakistan to start production of JF-17 Thunder fighter jetsJanuary 2nd, 2009 - 7:41 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Jan.2 (ANI): Pakistan looks to strengthen the capability of its air force amidst rising war fears with India. Pakistan is ready to start serial production of multi-role fighter aircraft (JF-17 Thunder) in collaboration with China.
Chairman of Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) Air Marshal Khalid Chaudhry said that the PAC has set up a factory for initiating the serial production of JF-17 Thunder aircraft.
Giving further details about the various plans of PAC, Chaudhary said: the Mirage Rebuild Factory, which is a part of PAC has been rebuilding 35 years old version of the Mirage aircraft which were bought as scrap from various countries.
State-of-the-art machinery recently imported from various developed countries has been installed to manufacture various gadgets for different versions of the aircraft in the inventory of Pakistan Airforce, the News quoted Chaudhary, as saying. (ANI)
- Pakistan to begin serial production of JF-17 combat jet - Jan 02, 2009
- Pak to send JF-17 combat jets for Farnborough Air Show in Britain - Jul 17, 2010
- Pak launches avionics production line for JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft - May 29, 2010
- Pakistan to get 50 fighter jets from China - May 19, 2011
- Pakistan displays fighter aircraft at Dubai air show - Nov 14, 2011
- Pakistan to start production of JF-17 combat jets - Jun 30, 2009
- India, Pakistan showcase aviation wares at Farnborough airshow - Jul 19, 2010
- Pakistan Air Force inducts first JF-17 combat jet squadron - Feb 18, 2010
- Pak vows to enhance PAF's combat capabilities at all costs - Jul 09, 2009
- Pak to roll out first indigenous JF-17 from month end: PAF chief - Nov 08, 2009
- Pilot dies as Pakistani Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Pakistan rolls out fighter jet produced with Chinese assistance - Nov 23, 2009
- Indigenously manufactured Chinese JF-17 Thunder fighter plane joins Pak Air Force - Feb 19, 2010
- Pakistan to start mass production of modern fighter jets - Jun 27, 2009
- Pakistan commits to Chinese surface-to-air missile systems - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: 35 years, air marshal, art machinery, chaudhry, china chairman, developed countries, fears, fighter aircraft, fighter jets, gadgets, india pakistan, jf 17, khalid, mirage, old version, pac, pakistan aeronautical complex, pakistan airforce, serial production, state of the art