Pakistan to play 3 ODIs, 2 T20s in India in Dec-Jan (Lead)July 16th, 2012 - 6:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 16 (IANS) Pakistan will tour India in December-January to resume sub-continetal cricketing ties after five years, playing three One-dayers and two Twenty20 internationals.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) reached an agreement for the brief series to be accommodated during England’s tour of India November-December.
Briefing the media after the meeting, BCCI spokesman Rajiv Shukla said New Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai are the venues for the ODIs and Bangalore and Ahmedabad will host the T20 matches.
The series will be played when England go back home for the Christmas break after playing four Tests and two T20 matches in November-December and before they return for the five-match one-day series in January.
The two countries last played in 2007-8 when Pakistan toured India. India were to play in Pakistan in 2009 but the tour was cancelled in the wake of the Mumbai terror attack in 2008.
“It was decided to resume cricketing ties with Pakistan by inviting the Pakistan cricket team for a short series in December 2012-January 2013. The modalities will be worked out shortly,” said BCCI secretary Sanjay Jagdale in a statement released after the Board’s working committee meeting here Monday.
Reacting to the BCCI’s announcement, PCB chief Zaka Ashraf told the Pakistani media that it was a welcome step.
“I am glad this has come through,” Ashraf said.
“Negotiations were on for quite sometime and both the boards worked hard to make it happen. It is certainly a good news even from the business point of view.”
Ashraf said the first step towards resuming the tie was inviting Pakistan T20 Champions Sialkot Stallions for the Champions League.
“Stallions were invited. That was the first step. Now this is a further development. It is good that two rivals are back playing together,” said the PCB chief.
- India-Pakistan to resume cricketing ties after 5 years (Second Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- (VM) India-Pakistan to revive cricketing ties after 5 years (Third Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- India-Pakistan break the ice on cricketing ties (Roundup) - Jul 16, 2012
- Pakistan is safe place for cricket: PCB chairman - Apr 19, 2012
- India-Pakistan cricket ties may resume soon: Pakistani envoy - Jun 05, 2012
- Gavaskar slams India-Pakistan cricket series' revival - Jul 16, 2012
- Pakistan hopes to lure cricket teams with foolproof security - Dec 10, 2011
- PCB chairman's visit revives Pakistan's IPL hopes - May 28, 2012
- Bangladesh will tour Pakistan: ICC - Apr 15, 2012
- We are open for cricket series against Pakistan: Dhoni - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan's domestic T20 winners to play in Champions League: BCCI - May 12, 2012
- Zardari writes to Manmohan, hails cricket ties resumption - Jul 19, 2012
- Pakistan sore at Bangladesh canceling cricket tour - Apr 20, 2012
- PCB welcomes India's willingness to promote cricketing contacts with Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- Ashraf confident Pakistan will host visitors in 2012 - Nov 29, 2011
Tags: ashraf, business point, committee meeting, further development, india bcci, india india, kolkata, modalities, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan cricket team, rajiv shukla, sanjay, stallions, t20, t20s, terror attack, twenty20, welcome step, working committee