Pakistan to defend ISI officials in Mumbai attacks lawsuit filed in US courtDecember 31st, 2010 - 1:25 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec 31 (ANI): Pakistan has decided to contest the US lawsuit implicating its top intelligence officials, including Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Director General Ahmed Shuja Pasha, in the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
“The government of Pakistan has taken a firm decision to strongly contest the suit filed against the ISI, its present and past directors general,” the Dawn quoted Pakistan’s Foreign Ministry, as saying.
“The government of Pakistan and its embassy in Washington shall defend the legal suit on behalf of ISI and its directors general fully and properly,” it added.
A few days back, a US court had issued summons to the ISI chief and some top members of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) for appearing before the court next month in connection with the Mumbai terror siege.
DG ISI Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha, his predecessor Lt Gen (r) Nadeem Taj, Major Ali and Major Iqbal are among the Pakistani officials who have been summoned, while LeT chief Hafiz Saeed and his operational commander Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi are also in the summons list.
The orders are part of a case filed by an injured US citizen and the heirs of four others who were killed in the terror strike on Nov 26, 2008.
However, last week, Pakistan Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani said the ISI chief would not be forced to appear in a US court in connection with the attacks, which India and the United States blamed on Pakistani militants. (ANI)
- MQM criticises US court order against Pak intelligence personnel - Dec 26, 2010
- US court summons ISI chiefs, LeT leaders in 2008 Mumbai terror attack case - Dec 23, 2010
- Pakistan to contest US court notices to ISI officials - Dec 31, 2010
- Lahore HC seeks Pak Defence Ministry's reply regarding Hafiz Saeed petition - Mar 30, 2011
- Pakistan unlikely to defend Hafiz Saeed in 26/11 US lawsuit - Jan 14, 2011
- US court summons ISI chief in Mumbai terror case - Nov 24, 2010
- JuD head Hafiz Saeed wants Pak Govt to defend him in US court in Mumbai attack case - Jan 13, 2011
- ISI chief won't appear in US court over Mumbai attack: Gilani (Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Dragging ISI into Mumbai attack preposterous: Pak FO - Nov 26, 2010
- India, Israel behind US court summons against ISI chiefs, JuD leaders, claims Makki - Jan 19, 2011
- Don't drag ISI into 26/11 trial, says Pakistan - Nov 25, 2010
- Hafiz Saeed seeks Pakistan government aid in Mumbai case - Jan 13, 2011
- India may implead in US court to establish ISI's terror link - May 29, 2011
- Pakistan won't extend ISI chief's term - Feb 26, 2012
- No decision on joining US lawsuit against ISI: Chidambaram - Jun 01, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,