Pakistan to continue support to Kashmir cause: PMJuly 6th, 2012 - 1:19 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 6 (IANS) The government would continue its support to the people of Kashmir till the resolution of the issue, said Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf Thursday, a day when talks between India and Pakistan ended in New Delhi.
Ashraf said that the government would continue its moral, political and diplomatic support to the people of Kashmir till the resolution of issue in accordance with UN resolutions and the aspirations of Kashmiris, reported Associated Press of Pakistan.
He was talking to Azad Jammu and Kashmir Prime Minister Abdul Majeed who called on him.
During the two-day talks between Pakistan Foreign Secretary Jalil Abbas Jilani and his Indian counterpart Ranjan Mathai, the two sides discussed the Jammu and Kashmir issue and agreed to find a peaceful solution “by narrowing divergences and building convergences”.
In this context, both sides discussed strengthening confidence building measures (CBMs)to step up trade and travel across the Line of Control (LoC) that divides Kashmir and decided to convene a meeting of the working group on cross-LoC CBMs July 19 in Islamabad.
- Pakistan to continue support to Kashmir cause: Ashraf (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan discuss additional CBMs for Kashmir - Jul 19, 2012
- Pakistan rejects accusations on 26/11 (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India pushes hard for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Roundup) - Jul 05, 2012
- Remove heavy guns from LoC: Pakistan proposes to India - Dec 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan to fight terror in 'new era' of ties (Lead) - Jul 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan talks on CBMs Thursday - Jul 18, 2012
- Home secretary reviews cross-LOC trade at Poonch - May 17, 2012
- India, Pakistan ease Kashmir travel, trade - Jul 27, 2011
- Highlights of India, Pakistan joint statement - Jul 27, 2011
- Geelani asks Pakistan to press India on Kashmir issue - Jul 03, 2012
- Omar for sustained Indo-Pak dialogue and 'J-K centric' CBMs - Apr 07, 2012
- Mufti demands hassle-free cross-LoC trade - May 22, 2012
- India asks Pakistan for 26/11 closure, explores cross-LoC CBMs (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,