Pakistan tests nuclear capable, short-range missile (Lead)April 19th, 2011 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 19 (IANS) Pakistan Tuesday successfully test-fired a newly developed short-range, surface-to-surface nuclear capable missile, the army said.
Nasr, a ballistic missile of Hatf series, capable of carrying a nuclear warhead can hit targets up to 60 km, reported Geo News.
“This quick response system addresses the need to deter evolving threats,” Xinhua quoted the Pakistani army as saying.
Pakistan in February successfully tested a nuclear-capable cruise missile, Hatf-VII, with a range of up to 600 km.
It has been developing an arsenal of missiles and in December tested the medium-range, nuclear-capable ballistic missile Hatf V, which has a range of 1,300 km.
Pakistan and India, which have fought three wars since their partition in 1947, regularly test-fire missiles to display each other’s capability.
India’s missile family comprises of the strategic Agni ballistic missile, the tactical Prithvi ballistic missile, the Akash and Trishul surface-to-air missiles, and the Nag anti-tank guided missile and their variants. Besides, it also has the BrahMos cruise missile jointly developed with Russia.
Pakistan’s missile repertory includes Hatf ballistic missiles and its variants, Ghaznavi short-range ballistic missile, Ghauri and Shaheen medium and intermediate range ballistic missiles, Babur cruise missiles and Baktar-Shikan anti-tank guided missile, most of which have been developed with China’s help.
- Pakistan to test-fire n-missile - May 19, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires n-capable missile (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable Hatf-VIII missile - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Sep 17, 2012
- Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable ballistic missile - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable missile (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan successfully tests Hatf III missile - May 10, 2012
- Pakistan tests cruise missile Hatf-VII - Jun 05, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable missile - Jun 05, 2012
- India tests nuke capable Prithvi II missile - Jun 09, 2011
- India test-fires Prithvi-II missile - Aug 25, 2012
- Pakistan embraces China as new arms partner: Report - Mar 28, 2011
- Pakistan test-fires cruise missile - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: akash, brahmos cruise missile, capable missile, cruise missiles, fire missiles, geo news, ghauri, guided missile, nuclear warhead, pakistan tests, pakistani army, range ballistic missile, range ballistic missiles, range missile, repertory, response system, surface to air, surface to air missiles, test fire, xinhua