Pakistan test fires n-capable Hatf missile (Second Lead)May 8th, 2008 - 7:12 pm ICT by admin
By Muhammad Najeeb
Islamabad, May 8 (IANS) In a tit-for-tat move, Pakistan test-fired a nuclear-capable air-launched cruise missile with a range of 350 km Thursday, a day after India tested a missile capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to targets up to 3,000 km away. Pakistan’s Hatf-VIII (Ra’ad) missile had been developed exclusively for launch from aircraft, a military statement said.
“It has enabled Pakistan to achieve a greater strategic stand-off capability on land and at sea,” it said.
The indigenously developed missile also has special stealth capabilities and can deliver all types of warheads with great accuracy, the military said.
The missile test is part of a continuing process of validating the design parameters of the weapon system, it said.
The complex cruise missile technology has been developed by only a few countries. The state-of-the-art Ra’ad is a low altitude, terrain following missile with high manoeuverability and can deliver all types of warheads with great accuracy.
President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani congratulated the scientists and engineers on the success of the missile test.
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable Hatf-VIII missile - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan successfully test fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Apr 29, 2011
- Pakistan to test-fire n-missile - May 19, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires n-capable missile (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan tests cruise missile Hatf-VII - Jun 05, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable missile (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires cruise missile - Oct 29, 2011
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable, short-range missile (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Sep 17, 2012
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable ballistic missile - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable missile - Jun 05, 2012
- US happy Pakistan informed India before missile test - Apr 26, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires cruise missile - May 08, 2008
Tags: cruise missile, design parameters, islamabad, launch, low altitude, missile technology, missile test, muhammad, najeeb, nuclear warhead, pakistan test, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, ra, raza, stealth capabilities, test fires, warheads, weapon system, yousaf