Pakistan test-fires cruise missileMay 8th, 2008 - 1:20 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad, May 8 (Xinhua) Pakistan Thursday successfully test fired the nuclear-capable Hatf-VIII air-launched cruise missile, an army statement said. The test of the Hatf-VIII or Raad missile was part of a “continuing process of validating the design parameters of the weapon system”, the statement said without mentioning where the missile was tested.
The indigenously developed Raad missile with a range of 350 km has been developed exclusively for launch from aerial platforms. It has enabled Pakistan to achieve a greater strategic standoff capability on land and at sea.
“The state of the art Raad cruise missile has special stealth capabilities,” the statement said, adding that it was a “low altitude terrain following missile” with high manoeuvrability, and could deliver all types of warheads with great accuracy.
Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani have congratulated the scientists and engineers on their outstanding success.
The test of the Raad came a day after India successfully launched its ballistic missile Agni-III which has a range of 3,000 km.
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable Hatf-VIII missile - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan successfully test fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Apr 29, 2011
- Pakistan test-fires n-capable missile (Second Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable, short-range missile (Lead) - Apr 19, 2011
- Pakistan to test-fire n-missile - May 19, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear-capable missile (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- India, Pakistan test nuke-tipped missiles on same day (Third Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan test fires nuclear-capable ballistic missile - Mar 11, 2011
- India, Pakistan successfully test-fire n-capable missiles (Fourth Lead) - Mar 11, 2011
- Pakistan tests cruise missile Hatf-VII - Jun 05, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile - Sep 17, 2012
- Pakistan tests nuclear capable missile - Jun 05, 2012
- Indian missile test makes a splash in Pakistani websites - Apr 19, 2012
- Pakistan test-fires cruise missile - Oct 29, 2011
- Agni-V missile successfully tested - Apr 19, 2012
Tags: aerial platforms, army statement, ballistic missile, cruise missile, design parameters, hatf, islamabad, launch, low altitude, pakistan test, pakistani president pervez musharraf, pervez musharraf, president pervez musharraf, raza, standoff, stealth capabilities, warheads, weapon system, xinhua, yousaf