Pakistan spy chief to visit USJuly 29th, 2012 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, July 29 (IANS) Pakistan’s spy chief Lt. Gen. Muhammad Zahirul Islam will visit the US Aug 1-3.
This will be the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) head’s first official trip to Washington since he assumed office in March.
The visit is also the first by a senior military officer after US special forces killed Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden in Pakistan May 2, 2011, Xinhua reported Sunday.
Islam will hold talks with Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) director Gen. David H. Petraeus.
- ISI has political wing, admits minister - Mar 13, 2012
- ISI chief to visit US - Jul 13, 2011
- CIA chief meets Kayani, ISI chief - Jun 11, 2011
- ISI now claims it helped US locate Osama - Apr 28, 2012
- New ISI chief plans Europe visit - Apr 12, 2012
- US to restore military aid to Pakistan? (Lead) - Jul 17, 2011
- US to respect Pakistani's sovereignty: ISI chief - Jul 17, 2011
- Amid tensions, ISI chief to visit US (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- CIA, ISI chiefs to meet in August - Jul 22, 2012
- ISI puts conditions to CIA for improving relations - May 22, 2011
- ISI chief leaves for Washington for day's visit (Second Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- ISI chief admits intelligence failure during Osama raid - May 13, 2011
- Pakistan's ISI chief may quit - May 07, 2011
- CIA "exploited intelligence leads" given by ISI to reach bin Laden: Pak FO - May 04, 2011
- 'Pakistan was in the dark on Osama raid' - Jul 26, 2011