Pakistan should part with US assistance to stop drone campaign: ShahbazApril 16th, 2011 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, April 16(ANI): It is not possible to stop deadly US drone attacks in Pakistan merely by resolutions and protest statements, Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif has said.
For this purpose, it is necessary to break the net of agreements made against national interests while keeping the masses in the dark, Shahbaz added.
Addressing Pakistan Muslim League -N (PML-N) workers in Lahore, Shahbaz said that drone attacks have posed the most serious challenge to the country.
However, this problem can be tackled, and the Pakistan government and the nation hold the key to the solution of this issue, The Nation quoted the chief minister, as saying.
He said that it was high time that instead of merely issuing statements against the US drone campaign, Pakistan should part with the assistance being received under the Kerry Lugar Bill, along with its terms and conditions.
Pakistan should prove to the world that it is not a purchasable commodity and shall not bargain away the blood of its citizens for dollars, he added.
Shahbaz said that like safeguarding the geographical frontiers of the country, the protection of the life and property of the citizens is also the responsibility of the government and the army, adding that they would be held accountable by the masses and the history for any failure in this regard. (ANI)
- Pak public should come out on streets against US drone attacks: Shahbaz Sharif - Apr 27, 2011
- Pak Punjab CM contacted Gilani to ease political tensions - Mar 07, 2011
- PML-N hints at legal action against MQM members for "bad-mouthing" its leadership - Jan 02, 2011
- US drone attacks in Pak no solution to terrorism: Nawaz Sharif - Apr 09, 2011
- After threat to Zardari, PML-N offices set ablaze - Oct 30, 2011
- PML-N wants PPP govt. to complete its term: Nawaz Sharif - Jan 11, 2011
- PML-N, MQM tear each other apart with no-holds barred remarks - Dec 30, 2010
- Nawaz Sharif deems himself Pak Prime Minister despite being out of power! - Jan 29, 2011
- Pakistan People's Party govt should focus on eliminating corruption, says Nawaz Sharif - Dec 11, 2010
- PML-N decides to remove PPP ministers from Pak Punjab govt - Feb 23, 2011
- Zardari 'pressurised' Punjab Govt. to declare Davis enjoyed diplomatic immunity: CM - Feb 18, 2011
- APML issues charge sheet against Nawaz over corruption, misappropriation of power - Nov 12, 2010
- Pakistan fighting 'war on terrorism' for survival: Shahbaz Sharif - Dec 31, 2010
- Nawaz terms PML-Q supporters of dictators, rules out alliance - Feb 22, 2011
- Nawaz untrustworthy, entire PML-N leadership double-faced: PML-Q leader - Dec 05, 2010
Tags: army, chief minister, citizens, commodity, drone, failure, frontiers, high time, kerry, lahore, national interests, pakistan government, pakistan muslim league, pml n, protest, regard, resolutions, shahbaz sharif