Pakistan People’s Party fails to persuade JUI-F to rejoin ruling coalitionDecember 16th, 2010 - 5:06 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Dec 16(ANI): The ruling Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) has failed to persuade Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam (JUI-F) chief Fazlur Rehman to change his stance regarding the sacking of JUI-F member and Science and Technology Minister Azam Swati.
According to the Daily Times, a PPP delegation, led by Labour and Manpower Minister Syed Khurshid Shah, had held a meeting with Rehman on Wednesday to convince him to rejoin the ruling coalition.
However, the delegation failed to woo the party, and the JUI-F chief retained his stance of not joining the coalition.
Rehman told the delegation that his party’s decision to quit was “final and irreversible”.
“We will not retreat from our principled stance,” the JUI-F said.
He further reiterated that the PPP government had disappointed the JUI-F with its decision to sack Swati, and added that it was done without taking his party into confidence.
“The party was not informed or consulted by the government about the decision,” Rehman said.
Gilani had sacked Swati and Religious Affairs Minister Hamid Saeed Kazmi over a series of allegations regarding corruption in Hajj operations. (ANI)
- JUI-F hints at rejoining Pakistan People's Party government - Dec 27, 2010
- Fazlur Rehman rejects Malik's request to rejoin Pak coalition govt - Dec 29, 2010
- Cracks widen in Pakistan's ruling coalition, key ally quits - Dec 21, 2010
- PPP asks JUI-F chief to withdraw from PM race - Jun 22, 2012
- Independent Election Commission sought in Pakistan - Jan 08, 2012
- Pakistan opposition names PM candidates - Jun 21, 2012
- Another setback to PPP-led Pak govt as JUI-F demands Gilani's resignation - Dec 29, 2010
- Race for Pakistan PM: PPP drops Shahabuddin, names Ashraf (Evening Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Gilani most corrupt person in Pakistan's history: Azam Khan Swati - Jan 06, 2011
- Another setback for Pakistan government as MQM parts ways (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- CIA, provincial govt blamed for Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 31, 2011
- MQM bombshell leaves PPP-led Pak coalition govt in crisis - Jan 03, 2011
- PML-Q offers help to JUI-F in ousting Balochistan government - Dec 21, 2010
- JUI-F slams Pak Govt for non-provision of enhanced security to Fazlur Rehman - Apr 01, 2011
- JUI-F chief Fazl-ur Rehman escapes second suicide bomb attack in two days - Mar 31, 2011
Tags: affairs minister, allegations, azam, confidence, corruption, delegation, islam, kazmi, khurshid, labour, manpower, pakistan, ppp government, rehman, religious affairs, science and technology, technology minister