Pakistan Navy bus bombing leaves three dead, 20 injured (Second Lead)April 28th, 2011 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Karachi, April 28 (IANS) At least three people were killed and over 20 injured in a massive bomb blast targeting a Pakistan Navy bus in this port city Thursday, two days after twin blasts blew up two naval buses killing four people.
The deafening explosion took place at about 8.15 a.m. in Karsaz area when the naval bus was carrying an estimated 35 people to office, Xinhua reported citing Duniya TV.
No militant outfit has taken responsibility for the incident.
While one media report said the three people killed include two lieutenants and a 19-year-old pedestrian, Geo TV cited hospital sources as saying that one of them was a woman doctor, one a lieutenant and the third a passer-by.
Three of the over 20 injured people were in a critical condition.
There were differing accounts on how the blast was carried out.
Police sources said the bomb containing an estimated three kg of explosives was placed on a motorcycle and a remote control device was used to trigger the blast when the bus passed by the area.
Geo TV reported that the bomb was placed in a gutter near a petrol pump and went off when the bus crossed Karsaz Bridge on Shahrah-e-Faisal.
Eyewitnesses said the blast threw the bus four to five feet into the air.
A rescue team rushed the injured to a nearby military hospital in the city.
Thursday’s blast was the third of its kind in the city over the past three days.
On Tuesday morning, two naval buses carrying officials to work were blown up in two different locations in the city, leaving four people, including a military lady doctor dead and 56 injured.
In another incident in the port city, bomb disposal squad personnel defused a bomb weighing about 10 kg placed at the Northern Bypass, thus saving many lives.
- Three dead, 20 hurt in Pakistan Navy bus bombing (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Five dead, 18 injured in Pakistan Navy bus bombing (Third Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Second Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Four killed in blasts targeting Pakistan Navy buses (Lead) - Apr 26, 2011
- Karachi blast kills one, injures 20 (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- Five killed, 18 hurt in another Pakistan Navy bus attack in Karachi - Apr 28, 2011
- Five blasts rock Pakistan (Second Lead) - Jan 29, 2011
- Five killed, 34 injured in Peshawar blast - Sep 20, 2011
- On Pakistan Independence Day, blasts, accidents kill 39 (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- 21 killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Three killed, 25 injured in Karachi blast - Aug 17, 2012
- Three dead, 35 wounded in Pakistan bombing - Jun 18, 2012
- Three die in blast near UN office in Peshawar (Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Four killed, over 50 wounded in Pakistan bombing (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- 15 injured in Karachi cinema blast (Lead) - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,