Pakistan moves troops move to Indian borderDecember 26th, 2008 - 12:53 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, Dec.26 (ANI): Fears of war between India and Pakistan gained more momentum with the deployment of Pakistani troops on strategic locations along the line of control (LOC).
Pakistan troops are being deployed along the Line of Control in Kashmir and the international border with India, the Daily Times quoted a defence source, as saying.
Pakistan moved its 10th Brigade to Lahore and has ordered the 3rd Armoured Brigade to march towards Jhelum, the newspaper said, quoting reports from the Indian media.
10th and 11th division of Pakistan army have also been put on high alert in Rajouri and Poonch sectors of Kashmir, it added.
However, sources in the Pakistan Defence Department declined giving any details about the movement, but did not deny reports that Pakistan was moving certain brigades towards Lahore.
The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is already on high alert with regular sorties by the fighter jets being carried out in all the major cities in the country. Aerial surveillance of the Chasma power plant and other sensitive sites in Pakistan has also been increased. (ANI)
- Pakistan moves troops to Indian border - Dec 26, 2008
- Army chief warns of terrorist designs - Aug 10, 2011
- Pak violates cease-fire in Poonch district, one soldier killed - Oct 25, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Pak cancels leave of soldiers amid growing tensions with India - Dec 26, 2008
- Pakistani caught while crossing LoC - Apr 09, 2012
- Women units of BSF to be deployed in Kashmir - May 25, 2011
- 30 militants in Jammu's border districts: Army - Mar 22, 2012
- 'Kashmir counter-insurgency operations in more difficult phase' - Jan 10, 2012
- Militant killed in infiltration bid on LoC - May 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011
- Pakistani troops fire at Indian posts - Oct 27, 2010
- Army foils infiltration bid in Jammu - Jun 09, 2012
- Indian Army arrests Pakistani soldier in Jammu - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: aerial surveillance, armoured brigade, brigades, chasma power plant, defence department, fighter jets, india and pakistan, indian border, international border, islamabad, kashmir, lahore, major cities, momentum, paf, pakistan air force, pakistan army, pakistan defence, pakistani troops, poonch