Pakistan man ‘to marry twice in 24 hours’October 18th, 2010 - 1:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 18 (ANI): A 23-year-old Pakistani man has decided to marry two women in 24 hours as the young lad was in a dilemma of whether to marry the woman he loves or the one his family chose.
Pakistani law allows polygamy as Islam allows up to four wives.
But men who take multiple wives usually do so years apart and must get approval from their first wife prior to a second marriage.
28-year-old Humaira Qasim was the woman to whom Haidri had been engaged since childhood - and 21-year-old Rumana Aslam is the woman with whom he had fallen in love.
As Haidri refused to marry Qasim, his decision threatened to split his family since arranged marriages are often customary in Pakistan.
“I gave this offer that I will marry both of them. Both the girls agreed,” the Daily Mail quoted Haidri as saying. (ANI)
- Man in Pakistan to marry twice in 24 hours - Oct 18, 2010
- Azhar Haidri Causes Uproar By Marrying 2 Wives in 24 Hours - Oct 21, 2010
- Man in Pakistan to marry twice in 48 hours (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
- Polygamy debate roils Kenya - Mar 05, 2010
- Young Muslims in Indonesia, Malaysia oppose polygamy - Jul 13, 2011
- Chechnya leader supports polygamy, wants second wife - Feb 25, 2011
- Muslim men in polygamous unions 'happier than their wives' - Aug 25, 2010
- In Britain, polygamy could be rewarding for immigrants - Jul 31, 2012
- Pregnant Pakistani woman killed by in-laws in Britain - Apr 25, 2012
- Codify Muslim personal law: Islamic scholars, activists - Feb 05, 2012
- 'Sister Wives' to have another cast member - Apr 12, 2011
- Another Rajasthan woman wants annulment of child marriage - Jun 27, 2012
- Osama had 'natural viagra' to stay young - Apr 28, 2012
- Nigerian Man Has 107 Wives - May 13, 2011
- Charlie Sheen set to 'marry' both lovers! - Mar 06, 2011