‘Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline to bring industrial revolution’October 15th, 2011 - 5:13 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 15 (IANS) The Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline has great geo-political value and will bring industrial revolution to the country, Iranian Ambassador to Pakistan Mashallah Shakari has said.
This venture will create peace, promote tourism and people-to-people contact in the region, he said at a meeting of the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) Friday.
The Iranian gas will be enough to overcome the country’s power crisis, he said, adding Iran would provide all assistance to Pakistan to mitigate the problem.
Iran could also help Pakistan in producing electricity from water, coal, air and solar options, Daily Times reported Saturday quoting Shakari.
LCCI president Irfan Qaiser Sheikh said both nations have large domestic markets and unique geo-strategic competitive advantage.
“I strongly believe we have a potential to increase our bilateral trade to $5 billion by 2015,” Sheikh said.
- Pakistan looks to Iran to mitigate energy woes - Oct 20, 2011
- Pakistan won't take dictation from anyone: Daily - Sep 17, 2011
- Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline to be ready by 2012 - Jul 21, 2011
- Pakistan committed to gas pipeline project with Iran: Zardari - Feb 08, 2012
- Stop Iran gas project: US tells Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012
- Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline runs into delays - Jun 16, 2011
- It makes sense for Pakistan, Iran to firm ties: Daily - Feb 09, 2012
- Pakistan's economy to grow at 4 percent: Minister - Feb 07, 2012
- 'Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline not under sanctions' - Jan 26, 2012
- Iran to ask India for spurring tri-nation pipeline - Aug 27, 2012
- Iran to export natural gas to India, Oman - Sep 25, 2011
- Pakistan to speed up gas import - Feb 03, 2012
- 'Pakistan-Iran gas pipeline deal to remain intact' - Jun 21, 2010
- Zardari to visit Iran for talks: Iranian envoy - Jul 14, 2011
- Iran to open bank in Pakistan - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: bilateral trade, chamber of commerce, chamber of commerce and industry, coal, competitive advantage, domestic markets, industrial revolution, iran gas pipeline, iranian ambassador, lahore chamber of commerce, lahore chamber of commerce and industry, lcci, mashallah, pakistan, peace, power crisis, producing electricity, shakari, sheikh, solar options