Pakistan Hindu Party founder passes awayAugust 2nd, 2009 - 1:11 pm ICT by ANI
Karachi, Aug.2 (ANI): Former federal minister and the chieftain of the Pakistani Hindu Sodha Thakur Rajput, and founder of the Pakistan Hindu Party, Rana Chander Singh passed away in a hospital here. He was 78.
Singh was unwell ever since he had a paralytic attack in 2004.
A close friend of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) founder Zulfikar Ali Bhutto and former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, Singh was elected to the National Assembly four times between 1980 to 1990.
He parted ways with the PPP and formed his own party, the Pakistan Hindu Party (PHP) in 1990.
Several political leaders, friends and relatives gathered at his residence in Karachi to bid farewell to the departed soul, The Daily Times reports.
Singh’s body will be taken to his native village, Rana Jageer, in Umerkot District for the last rights. (ANI)
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Pakistan mourns Nusrat Bhutto's death - Oct 24, 2011
- 'Zia's remnants trying to malign Zardari, children by using Benazir banner': PPP - Nov 24, 2010
- PPP a party of the masses, says Pakistani PM - Jun 25, 2011
- It's monarchy in Pakistan, not democracy, says Imran - Dec 17, 2011
- PPP will honour Salmaan Taseer's memory by continuing his mission: Bilawal Bhutto - Jan 07, 2011
- Rahul, Bilawal have much to share - Apr 07, 2012
- Zulfikar Ali Bhutto's birth anniversary programmes cancelled - Jan 05, 2011
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
- Dynastic politics a tragedy, says Pakistani daily - Apr 05, 2012
- Reopening Zulfikar Ali Bhutto case will strengthen Pak judiciary: Awan - Apr 02, 2011
- Indian peace delegation meets Sindh Chief Minister in Karachi - Mar 19, 2011
- Zardari vows to be guarantor of Pakistan's better future - Dec 26, 2010
- Sindh Assembly wants Pak Govt to recommend Bhatti's name for Nobel Prize - Mar 15, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto was woman of dignity, courage: Daily - Oct 24, 2011
Tags: ali bhutto, aug 2, benazir bhutto, chander, chieftain, departed soul, farewell, federal minister, former prime minister, hindu, national assembly, pakistan, party founder, political leaders, ppp, rajput, rana, relatives